Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Genuine Windows ?

5 posts in this topic

//*Begin RANT -- IS it just me or is the Genuine advantage tool update I just received seem like the third or fourth such windows genuineness check performed in the last year. Does Microsoft have a war going with OS pirates and have to keep coming up with new genuine checks every time the find a work around. Quite frankly it is a little offensive that I must keep proving I paid for my copy of windows {even if it does happen automatically}. Am I alone or have other seen the same thing? -- RANT Ends Here *\\

I think they are doing what they have to do to protect their property but yes it is very annoying

The might empire must maintain its foothold! Edited by Nathan

not to promot piracy or anything, just trying to split hairs and pick your brains: isn't that terminology misleading? aren't they all genuine after all? i am not aware of case where anyone would develop and then try to market their own product that presents itself as windows and looks like original. to me that would be fake windows (just like fake sony, coke, jeans, rolex etc.) i've read about cases where crooks did make fake windows package and install disc so close to original that people ware buying them online or even trough some computer stores. so they have the fake box, install cd and the fake licence number but the WINDOWS supplied in all those cases although stolen was not the clone or fake, it was still product made by Microsoft. or wasn't it?

I agree Microsoft is at war with the OS pirates and the Genuine validation thing was hacked like a week after they released it (if it took that long). But it's a tad bit annoying when it screws up and makes valid Windows not right. I had a set of classroom laptops I Ghost from one to another, and one time one of them tried to tell me the license number was used too many times. Now each of those PCs has a valid license, but they all have the same license number because of Ghost. I Ghosted it again and the problem seemed to go away.