Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lord Kreps

Cj1m_cpu11_etn

15 posts in this topic

Hello! I am a student and i want to create SCADA project (for reading and writing data on memory allocations...), store it on PLC (CJ1M CPU11-ETN), connect PLC to internet and access it anywhere via internet with web browser. PLC must act like a web server! My questions: Are there any examples? How should i start? Is it possible to create this anyway? (sorry for my bad english) Bye

you can access plc's web server from your browser when you type plc's ip address into the web browser's address bar, e.g. 172.25.0.105/0, where the 172.25.0.25 is IP address defined in ehternet unit's setup page. this is possible for eth units with V1 and above i think. this is the way to access unit's web server, but there is no way to access PLC from CX-Programmer over the internet, i think. you can send mail with some PLC commands in the subject line.

I know how to access to the ethernet unit with web browser and yes it is possible via internet too and ftp, sending mail, cx-programer, i have already make it. But my mentor at practice ask me to do an SCADA project. The project must be on PLC and accessible via internet explorer. PLC must be a server. So the only thing you need is PLC and you can read and write data(memory locations...) via internet anywhere whit nice graphical interface. I need to know if it is possible. and how to do it or mybe any other suggestion sorry for my bad english Bye Edited by Lord Kreps

My experience of the ethernet units is fairly limited, but at least I have understood that it is possible to use raw sockets to communicate. Building a complete webserver in ladder isn't really recommended, though... Have you read Omron's manual(s) for the CJ1M CPU11-ETN unit? There should be useful information in it, even though it's probably pretty thick. If you go to Omron's download centre, you should be able to make a search for "CJ1M" and find useful manuals. Unfortunately, the slovenian page seems to be a bit lacking. You could try using the swedish page www.omron.se. Just go to "Download Centre", enter "CJ1M" and choose "Manualer" in the dropdown. Most search results are available in other languages. The Download Centre should be available in other languages as well, but I couldn't find it on www.omron.co.uk, and the USA site seems to use another system (if you're not up to speed on Swedish you could try it, I'm not sure how good it is: http://www.knowledge.omron.com/) Omron Sweden actually has given me a manual DVD - it's great! They have stuffed virtually ALL manuals and broscheurs made into it - in several languages (swedish, german, english, french, spanish, dutch, polish, danish, hungarian, russian and probably more I think). Much better than lumping the dead-tree manuals around - especially as there always is one that you forgot... If Omron Slovenia doesn't hand them out as well, you could give them the hint that they probably should... Also, finally, I found this HTTP tutorial after reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP : http://www.jmarshall.com/easy/http/

Lord Krebs, could you explain how you access plc from cx-programmer over the internet? i'm dealing with that form some time but no luck. this could be very usefull thing. thank you in advance.

hi! i think the only way is to create a protocol for read and write data from PLC. or buy omron's one (i.e. CX-server lite) the next step i think is to create a java or VBA page where you can write and modify parameters readed by protocol.. one difficult may be to create a decent graphical page. i think it's not simple but possible... i've never try this way... but it should work good... the alternative is to buy a scada... VERY expensive... bye Valerio

just to mention, omron SCADA software is one of the cheapest on the market, both developer and runtime packages. and there is no limits on number of tags and price etc. since CX-Supervisor is OPC compatible you can attach it to any vendor's plc. it is very often in my experience that customers with non omron plc requires omron's SCADA since it's cheap but reliable. regards

Hi Thanks to all for your information. I forget to tell you that I have practice at Omron distributor in Slovenia and I have access to all brochures, datasheets and programs (for TERdON: yes our web page isn't so good, but in firm we got a lot of data...). Wathever I didn't found any info how to resolve my problem in all those files because it is an innovative idea (my manager think so). I will let you know if I will resolve my problem Bye PS: for TASHINZ: I will send you doc. about connecting PLC and CX-programer via internet as soon as possible (I am to busy right now)

thank you Lord Kreps in advance. i'm also working at omron's distrubutor in Serbia, Mikro Kontrol, so maybe we'll meet in the future. i'm also a student on post-graduate studies but my mentor won't let me do anything related to omron or any practical stuff. just theory. thanks again. Edited by tashinz

CJ1M ETN does not have WEB server but it can be connected to Internet if it has Global IP address. I prefer VPN connections instead of direct Internet connections. With VPN the settings are much easier. There will be external web server unit available soon but not yet.

I found this new product from RED LION the other day, I am trying to get a hold of one to evaluate...looks really cool though.. Data Station Plus

... does look cool Sleepy... This unit even has FINS drivers for ethernet to Omron CS/CJ PLCs - (including a full set of Omron serial drivers, including fins over serial) Could be worth a look Wonder what is costs .... Nibroc

HI I don't need new PLC with web server or any other units with internet options, I only wanted to know if the omron CJ1M-etn21 alone could act as a server. My opinion for now is that it could, because the PLC ethernet unit has the web function and you can access the ethernet config. via internet explorer. Maybe the solution is in changing this option (adding a source code)...but how And i belive that it is imposible too, fifty-fifty Well thanks anyway. Bye

jaccov, can you explain how did you manage to connect to PLC from CX-Programmer via internet? this can be very halpfull for me thanx.

jaccov ti would be very cool if you post that new document here. great.