Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keesoon

micrologix1200

6 posts in this topic

on the micrologix 1200 ther are 2 trim pots one side of the chanel 0 comunicatin port did some one now the funcion of this trim pots?

From the Allen Bradley Manual page 85.. http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um001_-en-p.pdf The processor has two trimming potentiometers (trim pots) which allow modification of data within the controller. Adjustments to the trim pots change the value in the corresponding Trim Pot Information (TPI) register. The data value of each trim pot can be used throughout the control program as timer, counter, or analog presets depending upon the requirements of the application.

There are better ways to manipulate data aren't there? I'm curious if anyone has found a good application for using this feature

I have never used them. I don't feel you should have to go into a control panel to adjust anything

The only time I have used them was for working out some of the bugs in temperature control logic. I used a SCP (scale with parameters) to scale TPI:0, POT0, to the same as the input range on my thermocouple. With the help of a move function I was able to control that part of the logic without the thermocouple. I have mostly used it on the bench as a simulated input, but never out on a working machine.