Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben

NS10 data display

6 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, Few questions on data display using NS10. 1. I am logging about 1000 values (floating point) in DMs on my CQM1h-CPU51. I want to show these on NS10 with scroll facility. May be at a time about 15-20 values can be visible, then scroll and pagedown, pageup, last, first etc keys. How can I do this? 2. I would also like to store and show the time stamp along with above samples. How?

... I would probalbly look at using NS series index registers (only 10 available) as offsets to the display address. ($SW27 thru $SW36) You can set up scroll buttons to manipulate the index value and hence the display address. Your 'scroll' buttons manipulate the value of the registers, thus changing the values displayed in the list. (you can use macro's or PLC code to add / subtract from the registers when a scroll button is pressed, and to make sure you do not go out of range!!) Enter display address as : DMxxxxI0 thru DMxxxxI9 You are limited to 10 display items, as only 10 index registers are availabe. Picture shows first three (of 10) display items and address locations, you simply add buttons to manipulate the values of $SW27 thru $SW36. Let me know if you need any more info on how to do this... Nibroc

Thank you so much Nibroc for that snippet of info, you've just cured a headache I've had for a long while. Another way to tackle this prob would be every sample that you take, raise a bit (flag) for a short while. On the NS, register an alarm/event to trigger on this flag. The alarm/event history has a time stamp built into it. You can also log 3 words of data alongside the stamp and the scroll buttons are already built in. NSDesigner allows 1024 records to be saved. After this you can either stop logging or, if set in ring mode, you can wrap round and start again, overwriting the oldest records. The alarm/event history function logs single word integers though, not floating point but these could be converted in the PLC prior to raising the flag. Ben

Thanks Nobroc and Benbrad for the info! Haven't tried any of these yet, no time as of now, but i'm going to check and let you guys know the results.

Why not setup one screen with bunch of indicators (maybe 10 or 20 or whatever number) that look into range of registers. Let's call this range "display buffer". Also add two push buttons (Previous, Next) to allow scrolling. Let PLC copy different range of PLC registers from the record list to display buffer depending on user input (Previous and Next buttons). That's it..

... Nothing wrong with that Panic, more than one way to skin a cat!! Two different approaches here: 1. Move some 'pointers' to the data. 2. Move the data. Either way works. Nibroc.