Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

CXP V6 - Cannot exit the application

15 posts in this topic

I've just installed CX-One with CXP v6. ( probably the last one here ) Now I'm sure one of you has had this too, so help me out. If I open a v5 saved program, I keep receiving this message whenever I want to exit the application, without making any changes whatsoever. Its annoying because I have to kill the process every time. So what's the trick ?

Tell me about it. Pain in the "A". Have not found a cure but also have not installed the latest "fixes" from the CX-One wbesite.

We've got our Omron tech rep coming down to the office tomorrow, I'll ask him. Registering CX-One right now, to see if there are updates already. Thanks Bob

We didn't get this problem when we upgraded to CXP V6 but we did have problems with the software recognising certain CPUs. Make sure you uninstalled your previous version before installing V6. This corrected all the problems we were having.

In just formatted my lappy and reinstalled XPP with CX-One. I didn't want CX-one to remove all the old Omron software cause there's always some files that are left behind is my experience. But it's strange you don't get the message.

This happens when there are more than nineteen (19) PLCs in the project. Version 6.1 will fix it.

Aahh stupid me of course, that explains Thanks Jay

Kinda took me by surprise. I have several projects that have entire networked plants with 30-50 PLCs.

Jay, we have an update for it, if you have version 6.0.0.0 or 6.0.0.1 you must instal it. I work with version 6.0.0.6 (CXP.exe). It is a bug in the software. You will find it on the Dutch ( Netherlands) Omron website. Even than it is not really solved, when you copy paste different plc's in 1 project you sometimes get the problem back. And when you do this a few times he's gone again.

Hi Joris, I checked the Dutch Omron site today, for software updates you are sent to the European download center, where I only found some sample programs and libraries for CX-One, and only some FB libraries for CXP V5. Where did you get the update ? Indeed this is a weird thing - today I'm actually able to close the application normally when I have opened the same project which gave me this problem yesterday...

Hi PdL I am Sorry, i thought i did found it on the Dutch Omron website. I can't remember how i get this file. I include it in my file. i hope you can use it also CXP6006.ZIP

Came off of FADB....

Thanks Joris! My Omron rep told me to ask the helpdesk to mail me the file but this saves me an email

Kind of funny but I get the problem on both my desktop and laptop with only one PLC in the project. Will have to look and see if there is a pattern with one type of PLC.

That was my experience too. I even managed to get the fault at one time, close CXP, open the file from the file history, and the I could close the app normally Don't know if there's a pattern. Just install the CXP.exe patch and it should be fixed.