Asrarmeryem

la communication entre un PLC Schneider et un équipement Rockwell

7 posts in this topic

Bonjour à tous et à toutes,

Je m'appelle Meryem et je commence mon stage ce mois-ci. La première tâche qui m'a été confiée est d'établir une communication entre un PLC Schneider et un (point I/O et variateur) Rockwell. Étant plus familière avec Siemens, je suis confrontée à un défi puisque l'entreprise ne connaît rien en Schneider. C'est pourquoi je me tourne vers vous, car malgré mes efforts depuis deux semaines, je n'ai pas encore trouvé de solution...

D'un côté, j'ai un M580 (BMEH582020), et de l'autre côté un Point I/O 1734-AENT et un variateur 22C-D017N103. L'idée est de pouvoir lire des entrées/sorties/autres du point I/O et du variateur depuis le M580. Nous allons remplacer l'automate Rockwell 1783-MS06T par le Schneider M580.

L'un ou l'une d'entre vous aurait-il déjà été confronté à ce type de communication ?

Merci d'avance! :)

Hello everyone,

My name is Meryem and I am starting my internship this month. The first task assigned to me is to establish communication between a Schneider PLC and a Rockwell (I/O point and variable speed drive). As I am more familiar with Siemens, I am facing a challenge since the company knows nothing about Schneider. That's why I am reaching out to you, because despite my efforts for the past two weeks, I have not yet found a solution...

On one side, I have an M580 (BMEH582020), and on the other side, a 1734-AENT Point I/O and a 22C-D017N103 variable speed drive. The idea is to be able to read inputs/outputs/other data from the Point I/O and the variable speed drive from the M580. We will be replacing the Rockwell 1783-MS06T with the Schneider M580.

Has anyone encountered this type of communication before?

Thanks in advance! :)

The 1734-AENT is an EtherNet/IP device.  Only EtherNet/IP.  The data sheet for the M580 doesn't list EtherNet/IP support.  Just Modbus TCP.  It looks like you need an add-on communication module for the Schneider processor: BMENOC0301.  Start there.

9 hours ago, Asrarmeryem said:

We will be replacing the Rockwell 1783-MS06T with the Schneider M580.

Last I knew the 1783-MS06T was a 6 port ethernet switch and the Schneider M580 was a PAC Controller.  

I don't see how one replaces the other.  

You'll need a switch of some form to connect your  BMENOC0301, your 1734-AENT and a  22-COMM-E in your  22C-D017N103 to have ethernet.

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, Asrarmeryem said:
21 hours ago, Asrarmeryem said:

sorry, I wrote the wrong name. need to replace the CompactLogix 1768-L45 controller (rockwell) with M580 (schneider)

Not sure if it still true with the M580s but the older "Legacy" Modicons Scanned each page of logic from top to bottom column by column, while Rockwell Scanned left to right then top to bottom.

So take the following logic 

A          B

----| |--------()---

B          C

----||--------() --- 

If A is true and an AB Processor scans this once then both B and C will be true at the end of the scan.

If A is true and a legacy Modicon Processor scans this once then B will be true, but C false.  Becasue Legacy Modicon scanned Top to Bottom then Left to Right.

After the second scan both processors will have a,b and C true if A started true.

Just don't expect to convert the logic and ahve it work, there may be some hiccups along the way.

1 person likes this

Also remember that the order of the bits in INTs and DINTs are reversed.