Kim Jessen

license... step 7 basic...

10 posts in this topic

Hi.. then it happened I thought I had a basic license for step 7 but ... I don't and the 21 day test period is over.. now I have tried to find out how to buy a license but 4000USD can it be right..

I find it very confusing what to use... I don't need a lot of fancy stuff so I think a basic license should be enough...

And is it possible to get a license key for the download, or do you have to wait for a USB key that comes in the mail

step 7 basic.JPG

I have found this at RS components.. is this what I need https://docs.rs-online.com/acf2/A700000006811333.pdf

Edited by Kim Jessen

If you're using TIA Portal : 6ES78220AE080YA5 SIMATIC STEP 7 Basic V18, floating license download; engineering software in the TIA Portal; software, documentation and license key for download; class A; 9 languages: de,en,zh included, fr,es,it,ru,ja,ko as download; executable on Windows 10; Windows 11; Windows Server 2016/2019/2022; for configuration of SIMATIC S7-1200, SIMATIC Basic Panels ******************************* Consignee e-mail address required for delivery

2 minutes ago, Crowbar said:

If you're using TIA Portal : 6ES78220AE080YA5 SIMATIC STEP 7 Basic V18, floating license download; engineering software in the TIA Portal; software, documentation and license key for download; class A; 9 languages: de,en,zh included, fr,es,it,ru,ja,ko as download; executable on Windows 10; Windows 11; Windows Server 2016/2019/2022; for configuration of SIMATIC S7-1200, SIMATIC Basic Panels ******************************* Consignee e-mail address required for delivery

thank you very much.
But I don't quite understand what you write.. I use TIA portal v15.1

The current version is V18, this license will activate versions back to V11.

3 minutes ago, Crowbar said:

The current version is V18, this license will activate versions back to V11.

ok thanks.. but where do I buy a version for human money.. and not 4000 USD

Siemens Industry mall shows this has a list price of $450.00 USD, I can't help with a Denmark location, sorry.

Contact your nearest Siemens rep, and ask from them. To download a license key, you need to buy the license key from an official Siemens rep, and they will provide you with a download link.

The TIA basic license covers Basic HMI's and 1200 series PLC's only. If you need to use other PLC's, you need a Professional TIA license. If you need to use a safety PLC, you also need TIA safety license. IF you need to use Comfort panels, you need WinCC Comfort license also. And so on... clear, isn't it? :slydog:

Morning,

A TIA V18 basic licence is about 350/400 euros here in France. I don't understand how it could be 4000 USD or Euros in Denmark.

JC

5 hours ago, acpi said:

Morning,

A TIA V18 basic licence is about 350/400 euros here in France. I don't understand how it could be 4000 USD or Euros in Denmark.

JC

Thanks for your response...
I am relatively new to having to invest in PLC programs from Siemens, I previously had an IT person responsible for managing it, now I am independent and got lost in all the different licenses that were available + my supplier of electrical equipment did not have the basic license in their web shop... so when I called there today I got pretty much the same explanation I got here... and yes, the basic price fits around €400...

The prices I found were for pro licenses.. and I don't need that since I only work with LOGO or s7-1200 devices.

so that is answer to your confusion

hello everyone, I have solved my problem and thank you for your input... for a newbie it is a bit confusing with all the licensing arrangements for the Siemens products..