SKA AB

Error A device that is not supported by this version of Sysmac Studio is included in the target device list of the EtherNet/IP connection settings. The device was not loaded.

9 posts in this topic

I open a project, i have V1.55 sysmac, collegue has V1.52. Both of us get this error(?) message in output. Neither of us know what this means, whats missing or how to fix this.

64f0787757161_errorsysmac2.thumb.png.c4a

If you don't have the EDS files for the ethernet/ip devices you will get the error. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, chelton said:

If you don't have the EDS files for the ethernet/ip devices you will get the error. 

I opened another project where i was missing EDS files, then the output states which version of the ABB EIP/CIP verison i was missing.. This one just gives an generic unhelpfull error.

Go look at your EtherNet/IP settings to see if any devices have a red exclamation point on them.

6 hours ago, Crossbow said:

Go look at your EtherNet/IP settings to see if any devices have a red exclamation point on them.

When this error occurs it actually removes the device from the list when the project is imported. Then only way i found what was missing was to go through the code looking at the comments and tags. For me i was missing an EDS for a "E&H promass flow meter" I can't reproduce the error now i have the EDS files installed.

On 8/31/2023 at 9:46 PM, chelton said:

When this error occurs it actually removes the device from the list when the project is imported. Then only way i found what was missing was to go through the code looking at the comments and tags. For me i was missing an EDS for a "E&H promass flow meter" I can't reproduce the error now i have the EDS files installed.

This is the bigger problem in sysmac.. It rarely tells you which EDS-file is missing, and as you said.. devices without a correct EDS gets removed.. so you cant get any hints on what EDS file you need.

Now we've managed to sort this out because one of the collegues remembered which EDS files is required by this specific project.
On this part, Siemens TIA-Portal has a leg up on the GSD-file management.. all the required GSD-files comes WITH the project "baked in".

Yes it is a bug in sysmac, and is inconsistent. Not all devices behave the same. Some Install and you can find what the device is from the connection manager, others just get removed.

A quick fix for this is to get your colleague to copy any 3rd party EDS/EDH files to a folder on a flash drive and then you add all of those EDS and EDH files to your EDS folder.

EDS folder: C:\Program Files\OMRON\Sysmac Studio\IODeviceProfiles\EipConnection\Eds

Restart Sysmac once the files are moved over and you will have all of their EDS files.

With EtherCAT devices the ESI files do transfer with the project but not EIP.

On 9/6/2023 at 3:59 PM, photovoltaic said:

A quick fix for this is to get your colleague to copy any 3rd party EDS/EDH files to a folder on a flash drive and then you add all of those EDS and EDH files to your EDS folder.

EDS folder: C:\Program Files\OMRON\Sysmac Studio\IODeviceProfiles\EipConnection\Eds

Restart Sysmac once the files are moved over and you will have all of their EDS files.

With EtherCAT devices the ESI files do transfer with the project but not EIP.

Thanks for this tip. We quite fast here locally decided to collect up all our EDS files and have it on a network share, so when we get a new computer, we can just toss them in and everyone gets the same versions that is needed depending on the projects.

1 person likes this