Cagey93

CP1E program missing input and outputs

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, new to Omron plcs.

I have a baggie machine with a print registration eye into input 0.03 and a servo drive pulse on output 100.00 and direction on output 100.01.

I uploaded the program and all comments were illegible as the machine is from Malasia but I relabelled as many i/o as I could from wiring diagram but cannot find any of the input or outputs I mentioned above?

I have done a few minor program changes and written them to plc with no issues but I would like to see how these i/o function as I am having issues with registration sometimes.

Anybody have any suggestions?

For motion IO on these controllers the input and output numbers usually reside in control words of motion instructions - not actual bit-level addresses. Decode the control words with the instruction reference and you'll likely find they are pointed to those IO.

Thanks for the reply, not just sure how to do that but it makes sense, will have another look.

In addition to the motion control instructions, you are likely using an Interrupt instruction as well due to the registration eye. Take a look at W480 (software user manual). This will point you to the instructions you'll find in your program. It also does a good job of describing the high speed I/O functions. 

Thanks for the reply, yes, I can see the interrupt section, it refers to 0.03 now I looked again. Think I get the gist of it, will look at the manual as you say.

cheers,

Philip

I'm having the same problem. I followed the user manual but it didn't work. Please let me know how you did. Did I do something wrong somewhere?

connections game

In order to use I/O for high speed tasks/instruction they must be configured in the PLC settings and downloaded to the PLC.

After downloading you MUST power cycle the PLC for these new setting to work.

Enable High Speed IO.jpg

I hope your CP1E PLC model suffix is type CP1E-N.

Only this model type will allow high speed pulse outputs.

To configure the outputs you also use the PLC settings to configure either or both Pulse Output 1 and Pulse Output 2.

Again don't forget to download these new setting to the PLC and POWER CYCLE to accept new settings.

Pulse Output Settings.jpg

Final notes. IF you have the correct model CP1E-N type PLC have you selected the correct DEVICE TYPE and CPU TYPE in CX_Programmer?

CPU Type.jpg

Device Type.jpg