Olly_J

Mitsubishi EDS file location? (GX Works3)

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

Does anyone know where to get EDS files for GX Works3 ? 

I can't open a file that I need to access because it has an "Unsupported Module". The module is 007ER-1FL2-T, it shows up on the Mitsubishi website but I cannot see any links to EDS files or any software related to this module.

Cheers,

Olly

i had a god but i cannot find it.

i can find others, but not for that product, i would suggest you contact your local Mitsi rep, or drop them an email.

probably is because is not made by them, and is quite new or something...

EDS file for an FLnet device?  EDS is typically DeviceNet or EtherNet/IP, not FLnet.

Thanks for the responses. 

@FRANK RUIZ - I think you may be right, I probably just have to contact our Mitsubishi rep.

@Crossbow - I am not sure what sort of file it is I need but whatever it is I need to open the .gx3 file that has that FLnet module in it. As it is I cannot even open the file. I am not that interested in the FLnet module in this case, rather the logic in the .gx3 file. I can open other .gx3 files that don't have that module it them. 

Hi

To open the procjet you need to install the profile for the FL module.

You can fin what you need here: https://us.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/en/search#q=ER-1FL2-T&sort=relevancy

This web site have some problems with some files. Often the easyest fix is to use firefox to download.

See chaper 4.5 for installation info

Test from manual:  In order to use FL-net module with GX Works3, installation of module profile, module label, module FB is necessary

To open the file: .gx3 is a zip file, and bye changing the extention you can unzip it and take a look inside.

1 person likes this

@GreenMan

Thanks for that. I didn't realize at first that you have to be logged in to the mitsubishi electric account to be able to see all of the search results. I was only seeing 2 PDF files before logging in and thought there was nothing useful to see but after logging in I was able to see the Zip file, and download and install the module. Now it works. Thanks for your help.

1 person likes this