tvsteevie

Legacy product

7 posts in this topic

I have an old 5/04 system that I need to talk to for upgrade. I no longer have the logic 500 software, but I do have Studio 5000. Is the 500 program available to purchase?  I reached out to the system manufacturer but he no longer has it either.

A Rockwell distributor can still sell you a license to Studio 500.  Might be cheaper to get a local integrator to use their toolkit to extract and convert the program for you. /:

Thanks for the info. Will Rockwell also make the program available? I see that it is listed as no longer available for download.

Interesting.  No longer shown as available for download with my integrator toolkit (but I have it activated for the current year).  You should talk to your Rockwell distributor.  I know they have formal channels to handle this kind of situation.

Hmmm....when I log in and use my serial number and product key, it lets me download it fine. ProposalWorks, though, says "This item requires business justification to be released. Please use newer catalog items...". Some of the newer versions are subscription based, but there is a perpetual option that's more expensive.
The price is rising, which is what they do when they want to stop supporting something. The version we have that has that warning is 9324-RL0300ENE while the newer catalog for a perpetual license is 9324M-RSL500T40.
Sigh...you should reach out to your local distributor to find out what the differences are between the different editions and what you need to get. Since you're talking about an upgrade anyway, I would probably second @pturmel's advice to reach out to a local integrator who can connect to your system and evaluate what's there. Your AB distributor can point you to someone if you don't already have one you use.

Most of the SLC500 hardware is discontinued or at End Of Life, with a discontinue date of September 2024.

Even the 1447-BA batteries for the processors will no longer be available after September 2024.

@alan_505 thanks for sharing the dates. I'd heard they were going to discontinue the SLCs earlier than planned due to supply chain issues that came up during Covid.  I just looked up RS 500 on PCDC and found that V12 is the only one available, and it's currently showing grey in its life cycle status (the next step being red/discontinued). I'd say that means they're going to stop selling & supporting RS 500 about the same time they end the SLC hardware support, Sep '24..