Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Urmala

Strange ranges for analog input modules

15 posts in this topic

Did anybody work with remote analog input modules DRT1-AD04 and DRT1-AD04H? I am using those to read flow and level signals (4 to 20 mA). Omron representative told that the module output for this range is going to be for DRT1-AD04 - from 0 to 6000 in decimal, and for DRT1-04H – from 0 to 30000 in decimal. The program, which is based on these ranges for both modules, did not work. After I tested the modules by applying the input signal 4 to 20 mA found strange ranges. DRT1-AD04 gave me for 4mA input signal value 65535 and for 20 mA input signal 5800 (both in decimals). DRT1-AD04H gave me for 4mA input signal value 32767 and for 20 mA input signal 28900 values (both in decimal). If somebody worked with these modules before, and could confirm that the values are correct or very close to what is supposed to be. Or may be I am doing something wrong. It is good to know. If it is important, I am using CJ1M-CPU13 and CJ1W-DRM21 Master module.

Your Omron representative is right. Check the datasheet. Did you short V+ and I+ ? Try monitoring the inputs directly in the watch list and verify if it's in HEX or BCD what you are monitoring. DRT1_AD04H.pdf

Hi PdL. Yes, I did. I was not sure about my transmitters; they are old. So I decided to apply just 4 mA to 20 mA signal. And I have got the results, I described in my previous post. Yes, the manual tells different, it is why, I am asking people, who have worked with these modules before. I have no idea, why I am getting such strange results.

Well, your readings don't make a lot of sense I'll have to take a look at some programs at the office, maybe to have an idea what's up Btw, are all of your inputs consistent ? Did you measure the applied current with a multimeter ?

Darn coockie cleaners

After I got these strange ranges, I disconnected my transmitters and applied just 4mA to 20mA signal using a potentiometer and a ammeter. So signal for sure was in this range 4 mA to 20mA.

Strange things are happening with my Omron. Today, using the same equipment, I have got the positive result; everything is working as it is supposed to (I mean ranges). I did not change anything since Saturday. What is going on???

Just from what you described a power up was required

Typical symptoms of a bit that fell over Happens all the time

What bit? Where did it fall? How often does it happen? How to recognize and fix?

Whuhahah everytime when something happens and it seems to unlogic to be true - that's my conclusion

Ya its funny it happens once in a while that some thing happens that makes absolutely no sense at all. Then you do something almost unrelated and it starts working..... I like to call them ghosts in the machine.... then you spend the next week trying to figure out what you did and how you fixed it ..... then you just go ahhh well I fixed it.

Mine wasn’t a ghost. I have found what was wrong; my transmitters are all messed up. They are more than 10-year old. Now, I am having troubles with square root instruction. CX-Programmer is not simple thing to deal with. May be later, in another topic, I will ask couple questions about it.

Use the SQRT function in combintation with first FLT (convert dec to 32bit float) then SQRT then FIX to convert from Float to Decimal again (if you like) ---[CF113]--+--[FLT D0000 D1000]            |            |            +---[SQRT D1000 D1002]            |            |            +---[FIX D1002 D0001]