skyfox

SYSMAC PLC Simulation to an actual NB HMI

5 posts in this topic

Is it possible for Sysmac Studio running an NX1P2 program in simulation mode to interact (communicate) with and actual NB HMI Panel?

Thx.

The datasheet shows that it will. I've never done this. Here are a slew of manuals that may help you. My guess is, if you choose the correct PLC in the NB software the method of addressing may become more evident.

https://automation.omron.com/en/us/products/family/NB

I guess I miss the 'simulation' request. Oops.

Edited by IO_Rack

I've never seen the Sysmac simulation talk to any real devices.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:23 AM, Crossbow said:

I've never seen the Sysmac simulation talk to any real devices.

That would be unfortunate. Even dreaded Rockwell has this ability as well as Kepware's OPC driver. If I am not mistaken, GE's CIMPLICITY and Red-lion controls CRIMSON software has this feature as well. All with two hour time limitation for testing where everything shuts-down after that. But you can then re-start the two hour test period in simulation mode again. 

On 07/11/2021 at 10:06 AM, skyfox said:

That would be unfortunate. Even dreaded Rockwell has this ability as well as Kepware's OPC driver. If I am not mistaken, GE's CIMPLICITY and Red-lion controls CRIMSON software has this feature as well. All with two hour time limitation for testing where everything shuts-down after that. But you can then re-start the two hour test period in simulation mode again. 

Can also in siemens tia portal.

If someone(?) picked all the good options and settings from all programming softwares for PLC:s at put into one, it would be golden, because many software have different good sides that none or few other has where others does "wrong" imo.

Sysmac for example has that you can drag a path from a place to another to insert a seperate branch, in tia portal you have to click a billion million times to achieve the same unless i missed a function.