kckku

NA HMI: PLC has not been validated

10 posts in this topic

Never seen this one - did you upload the PLC and the HMI?

Perhaps you could share the Sysmac project file?

15 minutes ago, photovoltaic said:

Never seen this one - did you upload the PLC and the HMI?

Perhaps you could share the Sysmac project file?

I tried uploading with a new auto connect project. I then made the changes that I wanted to make to the uploaded HMI. Tried to synchronize again and got the same message.

It's also telling me that the RunTime on the HMI is newer than the one on my computer. Not sure why this is a problem but maybe related? Also noticed the PLC only exists on one side when trying to synchronize.

2021-09-17_14-35-45.bmp

2021-09-17_14-37-23.bmp

I can't recreate it unfortunately. Did you try forcing the runtime download?

4 hours ago, kckku said:

I tried uploading with a new auto connect project. I then made the changes that I wanted to make to the uploaded HMI. Tried to synchronize again and got the same message.

It's also telling me that the RunTime on the HMI is newer than the one on my computer. Not sure why this is a problem but maybe related? Also noticed the PLC only exists on one side when trying to synchronize.

2021-09-17_14-35-45.bmp

2021-09-17_14-37-23.bmp

Sounds like you need to update studio.

The only PLC that requires validation is the NX Safety CPU.  Did you enable the Safety Monitor in the HMI Settings?  In order to use this, the safety CPU must be in a validated state.  This will add a check box on the Synchronize screen for Safety Data.

2 hours ago, Crossbow said:

The only PLC that requires validation is the NX Safety CPU.  Did you enable the Safety Monitor in the HMI Settings?  In order to use this, the safety CPU must be in a validated state.  This will add a check box on the Synchronize screen for Safety Data.

Yes, I did enable the safety monitor function in the HMI. The safety PLC hasn't been changed though so I am not sure why this is a problem all of a sudden. I am only trying to upload the HMI program so I can add a user alarm.

If I am using the safety monitor, then I have to check this box to also synchronize the safety data? I got a screenshot when I try to synchronize to the HMI. There is a box for 'Safety Data'.

2021-09-20_13-50-29.bmp

Edited by kckku
Added screenshot

The safety project in the open project has to match the one in the controller, and the controller must be in its validated state.  The safety data in the HMI is tied to a validated safety controller.

If you're trying to upload, then don't pick the safety data, that is a download thing...

1 hour ago, Crossbow said:

The safety project in the open project has to match the one in the controller, and the controller must be in its validated state.  The safety data in the HMI is tied to a validated safety controller.

If you're trying to upload, then don't pick the safety data, that is a download thing...

@Crossbow I did a complete upload from the controller and got the safety PLC program as well. Previously I didn't upload the safety PLC program so this is what caused the not validated error when I tried to synchronize the HMI (with the safety monitor option selected). Thanks for helping to solve this.

Now I am still seeing a RunTime mismatch. What does this mean exactly? I attached a screenshot. What is the date format? YYYY/MM/DD or YYYY/DD/MM? 

I had to update the RunTime in the HMI before to get the safety monitor option to work. The HMI was previously running an older RunTime (1.11) which didn't have the safety monitor function. Now it's running RunTime 1.15.

2021-09-20_17-22-02.bmp

Do a build on the project (hit F8), then synchronize the project, and check if it goes away.