Pujdan

OMRON NS5-SQ10B-V2

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have an issue with NS-5 HMI. During transferring new program into HMI, after rebooting I get message: ERROR No.10: file system error: please recover the system program. What is procedure from where I can recover this HMI? I didn't find  folder on CX-Designer under C:\Program Files\OMRON\CX-One\CXDesigner\RecoverUpdate. Is there other way to fix this ERROR?

I download firmware and copy it to the CF card. When I insert CF card into NS-5, and after power on unit, RUN LED light become steady orange for 10seconds and than it become steady green. Screen is black and there is not possible to do (chose) nothing. CF card is original OMRON card and wasn't formatted. How to solve this issue???

DSCF2904.JPG

Edited by Pujdan

The recover update files are in the CD or downloaded software, not in the installed directory.  You should also be able to download a recover/update package from Omron.

I download from Omron web site. When I unzip that file to the CF card I have : Bank1, Bank2, Bank3, OS9, Other, OS9Kboot and OS9000bt. Then when I insert CF card to the PT, when PT starts there is orange steady light (RUN LED) and after 10 seconds it becomes steady green light. Is there any secret how to upload firmware to the PT? What files needs to be uploaded to the PT? Also according official Omron procedure CF card cannot be formatted in win2000, XP, win7 etc. What is for Win10? I think that unit doesn't recognize CF card.  Is it possible to upload firmware trough to serial connection, maybe via hyperlink? I done everything as per Omron procedure, but doesn't going. So, I don't updating firmware, I am recovering, so maybe there is a different in the files, maybe they are not same?

Edited by Pujdan

To the best of my knowledge, it can only be done via the CF card. Does your directory structure look like this? 

MrPLC_NS_Boot_Files.JPG.4ab5d0d0e8178ac4

Directory structure looks same but without "log" folder.

Even I install on VM, new Win98 and try to play with different version of Firmware, but no success.  

Edited by Pujdan

20 hours ago, Pujdan said:

Also according official Omron procedure CF card cannot be formatted in win2000, XP, win7 etc. What is for Win10?

Do not format on any Windows computer. I purchased one preformatted from Omron. There has been a lot of discussion in the past about formatting these cards. It's a very, very old DOS format that is difficult to achieve with today's equipment. Even if you have a very, very old version of DOS, you'll still need a computer with a native CF drive. I've heard where some have been able to format with an old camera that uses CF card. 

I didn't format this CF card. This card was used before and it have back-up project on it. So I only copy firmware files to that CF card, but still its same. Is there any special files that needs to be copy to this CF card? Is there any trick with DIP switch on the HMI?

There are no DIP switch settings for this procedure. I just tested mine on an NS10-TV01B-V2, Lot No. 06612K. My recover files are Ver. 8.7, all DIP switches in the OFF position. I inserted the card and powered the NS on. The recovery program appears in approximately 5 seconds with the title, "Select the way to install the program". 

I don't remember enough to help troubleshoot any more. I think you are correct that it seems to not see the card. I would call Omron technical support.

Its really strange why doesn't booting. Is it possible that problem is in the Os9kboot and Os9000bt? Can those two file can be replaced with some other files?