Nate Hammersmith

Networking IAI Controller to CJ2M

8 posts in this topic

Hello All,

we are trying to Network a CJ2M Omron controller to one a PCON-CA-42PWAI-EP-0-0 EIP controller from IAI. We can't get the two controllers to talk to each other. We did find that IAI at one point had a document on it, found here:  https://www.iai-robot.co.th/en/support/equipment/omron/02.php. However, that link for the document no longer works on IAI's site. Does anyone know  where we can find the document we need or just know what we need to do get these two controllers talking?

1 person likes this

How are they communicating?  Ethernet/IP Datalink (implicit communications)?  

We have both of those documents and we have went through the parts for trying to connect them via Ethernet IP. We still have not gotten it to work. We setup the IP on the Controller and the Network config for network itself and the two won't talk. When we go to monitor the controller from Network Configurator, it shows that it does not see it and the blinking lights on the controller say that it is not connected to the network.

Hi Nate,

Did you ever get your IAI PCON-CA controller setup through EtherNet/IP to communicate with the CJ2M?

I'm having a similar issue trying to set up a PCON-CA with an Omron NX102-9020 PLC via the "Full direct Value Mode".

Omron provide a connection guide to communicate to NX controller via EIP using "Remote I/O mode" which I was able to establish a connection and monitor the PCON controllers I/O through the RcPc software.

I require greater control and feedback from the controller so I need to use "Full direct Value Mode".

I've read through the PCON-CA EtherNet setup manual and understand each of the controllers I/O registers for controlling it have different byte sizes.

What I don't understand, is how to trigger or write a specific numerical value from the PLC to a designated area in the PCON controller.

I've attempted to setup Input and an Output "STRUCT" Data Type in Sysmac Studio to write to the PCON controller Inputs and and read from the controller outputs however I have a multitude or errors so I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the information from the manuals correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Paul

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

Capture 4.PNG

Capture 5.PNG

Capture 6.PNG

Capture 7.PNG

Capture 8.PNG

Capture 9.PNG

Thank you sir. This is the exact information I needed. Very much appreciated.