bulterrier

GX Developer

18 posts in this topic

Hi, can anyone help me please. Newbie to plc and bought a mitsubishi and was told off the ebay seller that gx programmer is free to download? I looked on mitsubishi and coukd not find it? Does anyone have a link they could help me with pls.

Regards 

Andrew 

2 hours ago, bulterrier said:

Hi, can anyone help me please. Newbie to plc and bought a mitsubishi and was told off the ebay seller that gx programmer is free to download? I looked on mitsubishi and coukd not find it? Does anyone have a link they could help me with pls.

Regards 

Andrew 

You need sign at mitsubishi site to have access to download trial version

https://www.mitsubishielectric.co.jp/dl/fa/members/software/trial/plc/0000000245/sw8d5c-gppw-e_68w_try.exe

Hi,

Thanks for your help but the link takes me to an Asian language site and cant read it :-) do you have a link to an English version please . Thanks 

Hi Guys, 

Thanks I will have another try much appreciated.

Hi Guys ,

I downloaded GSworks 2 but now asking for Product ID ? Do I down;oad trial instead and if so can I still use after 20 days?

Its a trial, i dont think you can open after tge period expire. if you reinstall usually trial version dont run again but its just my guess...

you wanna learn and thats why you need more time?

if you wanna learn at the site look for FX-TRN-BEG. Its a simulator for free

1 person likes this

Mitsubishi Software are licensed and needs to be purchased. The trail version will only work for the trail period and then you will need an activation code. Please contact your local Mitsubishi distributor for pricing. If I can give good advice, Purchase GX Works 3. Part of the installation has GX Works 2 and GX Developer included. GX Works 3 is also cheaper than GX Works 2. No Idea why.

Thanks guys looks like I was told wrong of the ebay seller ....oh well lesson learnt.

Years ago there was a version of GX Developer limited to 1000 rungs of code that was distributed free.  They haven't done that in a long time, not sure if you can still dig up a link to it.

Thanks a lot I will have a look . I am wondering I have a 10 amp breaker on the power in and I will be playing with switches etc do I need a breaker before the plc or not ? Does anyone have any wiring diagrams of test rigs they built to give me a better idea going forward please?

Read the hardware manual for your model, they provide the wire diagram, specs etc.

read the programming manual too.

mitsubishi have great documentation, you just need to read it 

Good Morning

I would suggest installing a fuse on your supply to the PLC. If you are using the power supply of the PLC for your 24VDC please install a fuse there too. I often see beginners damaging PLC's due to there lack of electrical knowledge.

Please see the installation manual for your PLC.

4 hours ago, MitsProgrammer said:

Good Morning

I would suggest installing a fuse on your supply to the PLC. If you are using the power supply of the PLC for your 24VDC please install a fuse there too. I often see beginners damaging PLC's due to there lack of electrical knowledge.

Please see the installation manual for your PLC.

I dont think the problem is be beginners or not but just lazy people dont do the homework to read the manual. If don’t understand the manual just ask it but at least RTFM

1 person likes this

Fully agree with you. I come across a lot of installations that is scary dangerous. It sometimes makes me think that somehow a system needs to be implemented same like you need a wireman licence for instrumentation too. But companies are also at fault as they don't even know what the regulations is. It makes me sick to think I studied for 6 years and every second guy of the street is my competition.

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone assist. I would like to setup a peer to peer communication

between two existing two Mitsubishi PLC over Ethernet using GX Developer

Version 8. I would like the two PLC to communicate and sent and receive

data amongst themselves. The information that i am only getting is setting 

up using GX Works.

Thank you

which PLC's?