PEERPSI

D memory data not moving into instructions

37 posts in this topic

Data entered into the PLC D memory table does not end up in the instructions and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. For instance I want to use the CP1W-DAM01 to change a duration value. I have a symbol setup using the corresponding address setup so that it ties in with my timer but the data does not transfer even thought the value shows up in the table. I'm also using it for parameters on a scale instruction, same issue.

Any ideas.

Is the PLC in Monitor mode?

+1 gtsuport

If you are entering data via a communication program like AdvancedHMI, the PLC must be in Monitor mode and not Run.
Regards,
Garry

Using the CP1W-DAM01 4 line LCD option module.

Besides putting the PLC in monitor mode, post your code and tell us where the date is entered and where it needs to be moved to, used, etc and perhaps we can figure it out.

Mike,

Check the SCL3 thread in the CX-Programmer section.

These are related.

gtsuport

Actually I'm trying to use the 4 line LCD option to set timer values with no result. I figured out my problem for the transfer, is there a way to have the LCD option values change to Decimal? Right now if I enter a value it is in HEX on the LCD, I'd like that to be decimal.

What timer instruction are you using.

Typically timers are set with BCD preset values.

gtsuport

You need to take a look at the W462 manual, Section 8.

There is information on how to setup the LCD Option Board in that manual section.

gtsuport

So I read section 8 as suggested and setup my 8 words in decimal and gave them names. At the end of the example on page 501-503 step 18 says to ESC twice and use the down arrow to change to User Monitor Screen 2. This does not appear to be an available option. When I follow the steps to go back in and set the values they are still as they should be. What am I getting wrong here?

Are you able to change the values?

It is working then.

Possibly the instructions are not quite correct.

Perhaps, I've tried twice now setting up a user screen 1 and 2 per the example. When I back out to the UserMonitor screen it does not appear to have the option to change screen setups as the manual suggests.

So there is a letter on the first line of the setup screen that is by default N, you need to change that to Y. When you escape back to the main default screen you can then cursor through the screens. Problem is I set up 4 lines and only 2 show up?

Still also trying to figure out how to change the numbering system in DM screen to decimal so that the operator can understand what the number represents. Not everyone understands 4x4=10!

Pretty sure you need to define a SETUP screen with the D memory you wish to monitor/modify.

A setup screen allow configuration of the FORMAT and DATA LENGTH [1 or 2 words] that will be displayed.

See section 8-6 page 502 of manual

Edited by BITS N BYTES

This is what I've been going through, see attached pictures. What the manual doesn't talk about is the Y between Setup and No01. That was an N and when I changed it the screen would then appear.

I setup four lines for screen 1, manual says 4 are allowed. See the resulting screen. 2 lines are missing.

Screen 1.jpg

Line 4.jpg

Line 3.jpg

Line 2.jpg

Line 1.jpg

Okay so I have it figured out, 1 bit of information per line, description and the corresponding data take 2 lines. So each screen can only display 2 values and their associated descriptions. That N needs to change to a Y for the screen to display.

That is figured out, what I still need to figure out is how to change the DM entry to & decimal instead of # HEX.

W462-E1-10 manual see printed page 530.

PDF page 564.

Yes, in fact I've been through this section. While it does allow you to change the numbering system for display it doesn't retain that change.

I'm finding the manual is missing or has incorrect information in a number of places. For instance the analog setup, display screen setup and explanations of instructions.

Thanks for the help!

Hint!! If you need to initialize D memory values at power up it is much simpler to define a TASK that runs once on first scan to write necessary values to D memory.

So each time PLC is powered up the required values are initialized.

Create a new task named FIRST_SCAN. I would suggest Cyclic Task 00 (Startup).

The last instruction of this task should use the always ON flag CF113 followed by TKOF 0.

Everything in this task will then be written to desired memory only once.

So stop messing with LCD board and use tasks to initiate values you need in your program.

Edited by BITS N BYTES

My goal isn't to load the values on startup it's to allow the end user to set parameters. They will easily understand values entered in decimal, not in HEX.