Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oscarsanmon

CPM2A and C-mode Commands

6 posts in this topic

Hello!!! I have a CPM2A, and a Delphi program that connects with RS232 serial port. I can read/write Input and Output area with RR command. But I can't read/write Work area (IR200-IR231). Anybody knows what I does wrong? Thank's in advance. Oscar S.M.

Can you post your program?

All the latest PLCs internal/external area is addressed as CIO. Not sure about this one. Worth a try.

I sends one command, @00RR00000051???*. I think that if I request 51 words, beginnig in address 0000, the PLC sends me 10 words of input area (0Ch-9Ch), plus 10 words od output area (10Ch-19Ch) and 32 words of work area (200Ch-231Ch). But this isn't the result. And I don't know how I request all the data in CIO area, in only one command. Thank's in advance. Oscar S.M. Edited by oscarsanmon

It will have to be broken down into two commands....not one......The reason being is that the PLC is trying to correspond with 51 consecutive words.....This is valid for other PLC's. The CPM just want send what does not exist, and it don;t know that you want 200-231 as well...... Issue the forst command asking only for 20 words (000-019) and then issue the next command again with the start address of 200 for 31 words..... There is another command the QQ command which will allow you to optimise the comm;s so that you can call in one command but KIS (Keep is simple) and just issue two commands as above...

C Mode commands are limited to 29 words in a single frame. If you ask for more than 29. It will send multiple frames. Send a <CR> after receipt of the first frame.