innoaloe

Whole Forum Posts are Replaced???

20 posts in this topic

Hello, has anyone noticed that plenty (not all) forum posts are changed to quotes from TWControls? What is happening here?  Hopefully only a momentary breakdown  
1 person likes this

Edited by RussB
2 people like this

I mean this kind of post... I wonder what is this... Some original posts doesn't require any moderation at all, but why these show up? Haven't check other areas, but in Omron section there are plenty of these lingering around

No doubt.  Something is wrong.  I'll report it.
1 person likes this

Thank yo :D I found out that these happened on Mitsubishi section as well :    

It's all over the site.  Not sure what the upgrade did to break all the quotes, but this appears to be everywhere something was quoted.

Actually it also occurred on posts which does not contain quotes as well... I checked on threads that I started which I know have no quotes inside the first post. And since no one have replied on that, I don't think quotes are the cause.   Wonder when this thread itself will experience same thing. LOLz
2 people like this

I hope they have a backup copy somewhere. There is a lot of useful information that has disappeared!!
1 person likes this

Sure thing... hopefully they have the history stored...
1 person likes this

Hey Everybody, We are aware of the issue and working to get this sorted out. This is was a upgrade bug that was never anticipated. We are in contact with the forum software developers to see what our options are. thanks for your patience and understanding.   -PDFsupply

Updates, Were still working on the issue but have made great progress.

Thanks everyone for your patience!

Happy Holidays!

Just now, ctew said:

Updates, Were still working on the issue but have made great progress.

Thanks everyone for your patience!

Happy Holidays!

Things should be going back to normal now. We've had a combination of issues all at once.

The upgrades to the latest forums software caused some display issues to begin with among other smaller things. We have hopefully caught all of them and patch them up.

In addition to the upgrades, either the new upgrade or the old code, had a virus in the code base and allowed the database to be corrupted. The posts database to be exact. This caused a lot of the spam / duplicated posts/quotes in the all the threads you we're seeing. 

We have installed a new security malware service to scan the server multiple times a day to help protect the site further . We also have patched up the database and restored 99.99999999999% of the post that were affected. There may still be some post from the last few days that may still be affected by the spam content.

Moving forward we are implementing a new backup system to give us better restore points around a detected issue or upgrade! We will also be implementing a stronger firewall setup to to protect the content and user data of MrPLC.com.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns please contact us.

You can always PM me using my username ctew.

Thanks,

PDFsupply.com / MrPLC.com

1 person likes this

Well done! Thanks, seems to be good and well again..also ESET appears not to be blocking the site any more.

3 people like this

Thanks ctew!

So the cause was a virus eh... That's very unfortunate...

Hopefully nothing similar will occur again, or at worst we will lost those remarkable PLC laws :D

2 people like this

Looks much better now.  The only thing I noticed is it looks like users signatures are missing also.   Great work!

1 person likes this

We'll look into the signature issue asap. Thanks for letting use now.

1 person likes this

If this has been covered sorry I couldn't find it in my search? Why have some of the pictures be deleted in several of the threads?

1 person likes this

Jeff, are you referring to new (2016) posts, or older posts? If the posts are older 2015 and back, the site was hit by a virus at the end of 2015 and the cleanup process unfortunately resulted in the lose of some images.

If the missing pictures your are not seeing are in recent posts, please provide here a few examples/links to those post, so we can investigate further.

Thanks,

MRPLC Web Admin

No they where all old post. Thanks

1 person likes this