Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
av8r

Repeat Cycle Problem

6 posts in this topic

I have a small problem with getting my machine to repeat a sequence if a switch is closed. Basically this is a mcahine which takes a basket of product dips it in a coating then when when a selector switch is on it will spin at a low rpm then stop. It then pulls out of the coating and spins forward at a higher rpm. Right now the program is set so it will spin forward and if there is a switch closed it will spin in reverse. The problem arises at this point. I need it to spin forward again and then reverse again when an input is given. We call this 4 way spinning I have labeled the program to the best of my ability. I got the machine used and we are trying to update it. I guess i am saying that i am not the original author of this program and i am having a tough time figuring out the logic behind some of the logic. Attatched is the program. Thanks in advance. DETLEV.RSS

Here's the thread at PLCs.net which explains more about the above post if you're trying to help this guy out. Repeat Cycle program @ PLCs.net

I have a question, that may seem out of place. But it appears that if for some reason, if you post to a different site, and then post that same question here, it is treated as something negative. I hope I am just reading this the wrong way, but I myself have posted on both sites and think that mrplc is without question the best site in the world, but just as this post, it seems that Jay thinks offense.

I don't see it as negative at all. I think that Jay was simply pointing out that the same problem was posted at Phil's site and that some folks had already posted responses. It gives anyone who might be considering posting an answer here a chance to see what suggestions others have already made. There are lots of people who frequent both sites.

rock, I don't see anything negative either. It's ok really. It goes back to the more heads you have thinking about a problem the more chances you'll find the right answer. Not everyone at plcs.net comes to mrplc, and not everyone at mrplc goes to plcs.net. mrplc exist to help people, so does plcs.net. It's the same theme, we are all here to help one another.

where there is no doubt, mrplc is by far the best site. I have used it alot myself, even posted from time to time when in a bind, ( most of the time better than tech support ) , I guess, just like the post, I have it mentioned back a couple of times about puttting the same post on plc.net, and just did not see how it related or matter that I had posted the same question on plc.net, and I guess it just caught me on a bad day. Keep up the good work, folks like myself would have a hard time without it.