Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Faster Input Response Time

8 posts in this topic

Hello, We are trying to replace our Fiber Optic sensors to be replaced by laser sensor Omron E3Z. We use the sensor to measure the width of a stamped tin sheet. The problem we are having with the new sensor is that the response time between inputs being measured is too slow. The sensor needs to see the metal twice in quick sucsession. We have aqquired an IONT Input card and I read that the best way to speed the response time up is to use a temperary refresh bu using Function IORF(097). tried last night and is still not registering the second input. Does any one know the best way to increase the response time using this kind of sensor. Regards Peter

First specify your PLC model, the input location, and the timing requirements. Looks like you need to use interrupts, not refresh. Edited by Sergei Troizky

Hello Sergei, We use a CJ1M the sensor sees two shreds of tin whilst being ejected after being stamped. In the past we have had to use a Fiber Optic with amplification. I probably was thinking about Interupts is the IONT not the best card? I tested last night with IONT the first pulse is seen no matter how fast the metal moves passed the sensor but the secomd pulse is not measured. Regards Peter

Use a high speed interrupt task!!

Okay. Have been reading about that. CJ1Ms have them incorporayed. What is the best Function to use because it all looks a bit confusing. Regards

Peter, You really need to provide a picture of your layout. If I understand correctly, you are trying to measure the width of material based on time? There are better ways to do this more accurately. Where do you buy your Omron hardware from, are they able to provide support? Interrupt modules can be configured to execute a set task in the PLC when the input is activated, up to 16x tasks. This information is all in the manuals, do you have them? Is the 'pulse' the same device? Are you sure that the fibre sensor is seeing the change of state? If yes, then is the PLC seeing the COS?

Hello, Yes the Fiber Optic and Amplifier see the two strips okay, but are prone to tampering by Operators so would like to install a cheaper lazor sensor. I take it that the INO1T interupts the programme to allow for the inadequate second measurement. Is it possible to use MSKS and CLI Functions with these cards. I understand that the first operand N would be unit no ie 0 but not sure about S and would all the inputs be affected. Regards Peter

You need two MSKS instructions. The first one determines which interrupts are to be enabled; the unit number (0 or 1) for N and which inputs you require to be enabled as an interrupt for C (as a binary pattern). If your interrupt input was wired to bit 0, then this would be &1. Multiple inputs can be specified. &9 would enable bits 0 and 3, for example. The second instruction needs the unit number. This time N is 2 or 3 which relate to unit 0 or 1 respectively. The edge you wish to invoke the interrupt from is defined in C; again in a binary pattern with 0 relating to a rising edge, and 1 a falling edge. This depends on if your sensor is configured light-on or dark-on. The inputs 0-15 are fixed to interrupt task numbers 100-115 respectively. The task will be invoked once per interrupt. Pp