Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobB

CJ1W-PTS52 problem

10 posts in this topic

I have a CJ1W-PTS52 installed with a CJ2M-CPU33 processor. I have attached snips from the I/O table as to the setup. I have checked the wiring with a multimeter to make sure A', B' and b' are correct. The PLC appears to be happy with the sensors - there are 3 - 4 is empty. Getting crazy readings like 63,--- and cannot get the card to read correctly. There is not a lot of info available for the card and that may be the problem as to why I cannot set it up properly. Any ideas where I am going wrong from the I/O table snips?

Hi Bob! Is this the combined temperature input unit? I remember a few weeks ago my colleague called me in the workshop and he was struggling with this one too.. erratic readings although everything seemed connected ok and set correctly.. darn it I don't remember exactly what it was but I believe, it had to do with an unusual procedure to set the DMs using the IO table. I checked and transferred the unit settings through the IO table a hundred times, but only after I first uploaded the units settings, set the parameters and transferred it back, I worked. Or something like that. Call me crazy but try it, upload the settings after you transferred, see if it changed. And if you find out: tell me!!

Hi Bob Never used this specific card, but with similar ones, you need to set the input span to 100%. It's 0% in your screenshots. Cheers, Paul

Then again, a sharp eye can also be your savior

Thanks for the suggestions. It is just a 4 x RTD input card - no outputs or anything else and is just used for reading RTDs. You then write you code to suit what control you require. I have used them before but have not seen these results before. Will have to investigate further - just puzzling. Edited by BobB

I don't know if this will help you or not, but this is what it says in the manual: I am guessing that you have already read this, but I thought I would throw it up here just in case.

Thanks Michael Yep been there. I have probably done something stupid I guess and will have to find it. Probably come with a blinding flash when I next go to the job (I hope).

Flash, yes. Blinding, I don't know...

Ruddy red wine again!

Interesting - set the span to 100% - default - and the conversion bit would not turn on. Checked the data memory area to see it was set up as I wished and it was. Set the span to 10% and it worked. There is not very much explanation as to how this all works and the manual is fairly useless. Perhaps someone from Omron could develop a help document for this card and make it available.