BobB

Multi position switch

14 posts in this topic

Trying to work out how to have a 3 position switch operating off 2 inputs. The rotating switch graphics are available but I need On-Off-Auto. One input is the On position and another input is the Auto position. The multfunction button only gives me 2 positions off 1 input. Any help appreciated - guess I am used to Citect where almost all things are possible.

Hi Bob, how about using separate single state buttons for each state and use the display flags under "control flag" tab to control the visibility based on the switch state. You should be able to put the switches on top of each other.

Try this! 3Pos_Switch.zip Developed with CX Designer V3.20! Edited by BITS N BYTES

Yeah that's what I had in mind, great example BITS N BYTES!! Perhaps worth to mention, I needed to upgrade to that latest CXD version (3.20) in order to open the project. Luckily I already had the updates on my disk so only had to install, todays round was another 700MB+ ...

My first example allows switching between any state of ON-OFF-AUTO. If you must always switch to the OFF position when transitioning between ON and AUTO [and vice versa], then a simple change to the Multifunction block properties can be made. Attached is example. 3Pos_SwitchA.zip

Last example. When switching between ON-OFF-AUTO. 3 second OFF delay when moving selector switch to OFF before restarting or changing mode. Typical application would be to allow a drive to stop before restarting it. The trick here is to add a control flag [in this example $B2] to each the ON, OFF and AUTO Multifunction objects. When pressing ON or AUTO $B2 properties are SET. When pressing OFF $B2 property is MOMENTARY and OFF-delay Set Time is 3.0 sec. 3pos_SwitchB.zip Edited by BITS N BYTES

Thanks guys. Will have a look at them when I get back from site today. Fixing the generators at the Qantas Domestic Terminal at Mascot Airport in Sydney.

Mmmm! Bit of work in that lot. Thanks for the help - I would have been here next week trying to get it to work. Do not use screens all that often and most of it is pretty simple stuff. Have not had to 'delve' prevoiusly.

There is actually a lot you can do with the screens, they do have quite a few functions that make them very useful & flexible. Edited by lostcontrol

Thanks again all. Here is where I finished up - bit flash for a swimming pool!! We normally use physical switches and indicating lights. Annette Kellerman Pool.zip

It looks great Bob. Always love to see other peoples work.

Hi guys, I know this thread is a little old, but I just got into this scene and I have the same problem Bob did, though my use will be ON-OFF-ON. The attachments are not accessible to me, could someone re-post one for me?

Thanks

Thanks, Bits, now I just have to figure out how to use it. Just started teaching myself Designer last weekend!