Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vorbis

Problem recovering system of NS12

8 posts in this topic

I used to transfer screen data to a NS12 (NS12-TS01B-V2) via ftp. During that process you need to delete all files in /fr1. Accidentally I deleted all the files in /fr0 wich seems to contain the system data. When I start the Terminal now it shows me an error message saying: "ERROR No. 10: Fail in loading files or executing programs: Please recover the system program" I tried different things but I just can't get it to recover the system program. As I understood from the Manuals I need to copy the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\OMRON\CX-One\CX-Designer\RecoverUpdate_7_0 to a memory card and put that into the NS then start it. I also played around with the DIP switches on the back of the terminal but the terminal just doesn't do anything except showing me that same error message everytime I turn it on. I'd really appreciate to get some tips on how to it to work again.

Try another flash card, it cannot be one that is ever formatted FAT16 in a windows O/S. Use a new one and in the root of the card you should have 5 folders (bank 1, bank 2, bank 3, OS9 and Other), and 2 files os9kboot and os9000bt. It should pick it up on power up and display the bootloader.

Make sure the Compact Flash card that you use is 2GB or smaller. Edited by Michael Walsh

Good point, forgot to mention that!

I tried to install the "Recover_Update_7_0" from the CX-Designer's installation directory. That somehow didn't work, so I downloaded the Version 8.2 from myomron. That worked now. The Manuals are a little confusing and contradictionary telling to turn on dip switches and what not. After all I had to do nothing (leave all dip switches on "OFF"), copy the folders an files mentioned above to the root directory of the memory card, put it in, and restart the terminal. I formatted the card with a windows XP machine to FAT16 and that worked... although a manual says that wouldn't work. Having some trouble uploading the screen data now, but i think i'll figure that out soon. Might be a problem because i changed the system version.

OK, Omron guys. What do you think about the above? Something change in the OS9 to allow FAT16?

Nothing on this in the 8.2 release information. Would require some testing to confirm but it could be the case.

Hi there 

I am facing same problem, i accidently formatted internal 128 MB card in windows 10 then i realized my mistake and bought 2 new cards 1 is 128 mb for internal memory and 2nd one 1 gb for update recovery program. I never formatted these cf cards till date but i am unable to restore my NS 12 PT. After inserting external memory card with recovery program files green light on and then nothing happened. I also tried to on DIP switch 6 several times but nothing happened. If anyone have solution please reply asap.( I am using cx- One Trial version - Downloaded from Omron website) If any one had recovery update 7.0 please send Google Drive Link.