Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
russ3654

Mitsubishi FX3U PLC to ABB ACSM1 Dirves

9 posts in this topic

I am currently working on a project to communicate with a Mitsubishi FX3U PLC to ABB ACSM1 drives using Modbus, has anyone had experince doing this???

The FX3U**-ADP-MB modules supports Modbus communication. What do you want to know??

I seem to be having a problem with addressing 6 or 5 digit address registers, the ABB drives use 400001 and up, the Mitsu PLC will let me input 4 digit addresses, I dropped a 0 off to make it a 5 digit and converted it to hex, and still doesn't work, any ideas?

See http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=19971&view=findpost&p=96686 and this Edited by Inntele

Hi Russ, No experience with Modbus but have used Profibus To 8 ABB ACS350 with GX IEC Dev Have a look on the Beijer site there is sample code and ppt demo. http://www.beijer.ne...ame/filearchive

What software do you use for programming the PLC?? In essence, Modbus are divided into the command (read holding registers = h03) and the address 00001. Basically if you want the PLC to read the ABB address 400001 you will have to set up the PLC program to: Read Holding Registers Start address = 00001

I'm using GX Developer 8.78G/ I cannot input a address more then 4 places/ I tried the start address of 00001 couldn't get it to work, if you have a example of the line of code for ladder that would be great, Thanks for your help

Hi Russ as stated above I have not used Modbus on Mits but if you go to the web site above it has Sample projects. Have a look at the attached powerpoint for master and slave code. ModbusFX3UMasterADP_MB_V1.00.ppt ModbusFX3USlaveADP_MB_V1.00.ppt

I am surprised this was not asked sooner, but what is the firmware version of your PLC? It's in register D8001, in the last 3 digits. You need at least 2.40 to use the Modbus functions of that module.