Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EL_JIMBO

OPC write with VB application fails

11 posts in this topic

hey im tring to write to PLC whit OPC omron now i can READ but can´t write write ( myplc, item , value , wait) or writearea item,zise,value,waituntil any idea about this its with Visual Basic the error say check conetion whit plc but iff i can crate OPC item and READ from PLC no IDEa whats the problem REgards for listen hope you can help me

El Jimbo, I don't have a answer for you, but I think that would belong into an own thread.

Vorbis is right El Jimbo, I splitted the topic. Please continue in this thread.

I don't use the wait option, not sure what it does though, but did you try without that?

hi everyone the program show me this Error cant crate adress "DM0" ( its my direcction for DM0 memorie) test configurations and PLC conection But i read DM memories ok i'll try more options and configrations tnks

iI things its work only set this property to 2 Comms1.Runmode = 2 its look Simplle but GOd it Was so HArd Find it for me :( well lets keep work TNKS every one

Hey there ElJimbo, glad you worked it out. Yes.. what you have done is placed the PLC into Monitor Mode. This allows external devices to change/communicate with the outside world. Run Mode is a protected mode where outside world changes cannot happen, but you can monitor. good luck with the rest of the work.

I just tried because I never changed the PLC's mode for my VB Programm. My PLC is definitely in RUN Mode, but I can write to it.

Your RUN light maybe on, but you are actually in Monitor Mode which allows R/W of Memory Table.

I was connected with CX-Programmer while testing, and that showed me Run-Mode. I'm quite sure it's in Run-Mode and Stays there. My VB Application is growing quite big, with a lot of queries, so it's getting slow. Could it maybe be possible that the application changes the Mode of the PLC whenever it requests data from it? That would explain why it's getting very slow.

Hi Vorbis, CX-Server Lite does a lot automatically, but no if DEFINATELY doesn't change the mode as required. One extra thought though... I hope you're already using OpenPLC ? If you don't the Lite Opens the PLC if required before every read, and then automatically closes it afterwards. This is very helpful if you forgot but is very slow if you meant to do it 10 times in a row !! Regards BB