Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ScottyH

Q Series to FX via Ethernet

7 posts in this topic

I wish to have a Q-Series Qj71E71-100 communicate to FX3U-ENET, up to 8 FX plcs. Is this possible? Would I use MC Protocol? What is MC Protocol

Do you use GX Developer or GX IEC Developer?

Gx Works2 I also have GX Developer

Not sure if you can import these function blocks into GX Works2 but you can give it a try.... http://www.beijer.no/web/web_aut_no.nsf/do...125728E005ADFD2 The function blocks (.sul files) are written in GX IEC Developer and there's also an English help file. You should be able to communicate with 8 remote devices from a QJ71E71-100 card. The card has a total of 16 sockets, and each remote device will require 2 sockets (which adds up to a total of 16).

I do not see a way to import the function blocks into GX Developer. I do have a copy of GX IEC Developer. I looked at the code. It is different than GX Developer. Anyone have any ideas?

GX Developer cannot import GX IEC Developer libraries and function blocks. You should use GX Works2 as you originally intended. I have an example at work of code for GX Developer for communication between FX3U and Q. It's supposed to be quite simple. In fact, I think it was mentioned here before if you search the forums or downloads.

Maybe these projects will help you GD Examples_V1.20.zip Edited by Gambit