Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JP_TFV1

Q02H OS Download

14 posts in this topic

How do you download the Operating System for a Q02H CPU?

What do you mean with OS the PLC program?

No, not a program. The Operating System, or maybe Boot-Up system. I'm not really sure what I should call it. We've done it before here, but we can't remember how to do it. I think it may involve flipping the dip switches on the front of the CPU. Not sure though. Thanks

I know how to boot the PLC program from a memcard but the OS????? Where did you get the OS from? Mitsubishi doesn't give them out as far as I know.

It is the OS. Earlier this year we could not communicate with the CPU and had to download the OS to be able to. I'm fairly certain it was something to do with dip switches 4 and 5, but I can't really remember.

I think you'll have to contact your Mitsubishi rep. I've been using Mitsubishi for years and I've never seen that Mitsubishi gives out a new firmware (I guess that you mean the firmware when saying OS....). I know that we in some rare occations have sent some modules to Mitsubishi for firmware upgrade, but never ever have I heard that Mitsubishi distributes the firmware to anyone.... So if you indeed have done this before you must have had contact with a Mitsubishi rep. so I think that is your best option....

Mitsubishi does NOT do firmware upgrades in the field. I have no idea what you think you downloaded, but it's not true. For one, switches 4 and 5 are not used in Q02HCPU. Switches 2 and 3 set which drive it will boot from (internal program memory, ROM memory, RAM memory card). Switch 1 is write protect. I have confirmed this fact with several people I know at Mitsubishi Electric, both in Japan and USA.

Fair enough. What we have are two brand new Q02H CPU's. Both of them have solid red lights on the error status, and no light for the mode. We cannot connect to either. We thought this meant it was missing the OS/firmware. Any idea what this is? We have tried them on different racks that are working with the same style CPU as well.

Have you tried to connect to the PLCs with USB??

Yes we tried USB and RS232. Would not work with either.

I don't know, never seen that kind of problems. I think your best option is to contact your Mitsubisi distributor.....

Manual SH(NA)080483, section 12.2.4 shows possibilities. 1. Power supply issue (is the light on the power supply lit?) 2. Position of RESET switch 3. Hardware fault Since out of the box failures with Mitsu are so rare, I would be looking at the power supply, rack, or reset switch.

For topicstarter. Did you connect the batteries into new CPUs?..

We did connect the batteries. It must just be a hardware issue.