Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elel65

CJ1M state

19 posts in this topic

Hi all programmers. I'm from Italy and this is my first post. Let me say first that this forum is very good. My question. Is there a way to switch RUN to STOP state and vice versa a CJ1M by using a HMI? Ciao Emanuele

If you are using a NS HMI you can find it in CX - Designer under Tools > Library then SAP > SmartActiveParts_E > PLC > CS_CJ > CS_CJCommon > PLC019

Thank you for quick answer. No, unfortunately I use Proface AST3302 model. Emanuele

Perhaps the more pertinent question should be, why do you want the HMI to be able to change the PLC mode? Edited by lostcontrol

I thought about asking that, but lostcontrol beat me to the punch...

PLC can be switched to STOP (or RUN) mode using any device that is capable to generate specific (see manual) Host-link command. If Your HMI has such a driver, it's OK.

I need to do this because, unfortunately, my technician is just a mechanic and is not able to work with a PC. In this way, when he goes installing and repairing machines, if it would be necessary, he can test outputs simply by pressing a key and avoid to take with him the PC. Ciao Emanuele

1. You want the mechanic to test the PLC outputs by pressing buttons on the Proface HMI. 2. Changing the PLC from RUN to STOP will not allow the HMI to activate the outputs, so your test will NOT work. 3. The PLC program can be structured using TASKS. If you deselect "Operation Start" in the the properties of a task in can be ENABLED/DISABLED using the TKON and TKOF instructions. 4. So in your example have a "Main Programs" task that runs your standard code and a second program "Output_Test' for testing the outputs. Both these task properties have "Operation Start" deselected. 5. Turn ON/OFF a bit from the Proface in a "RUN_TEST" task that uses the TKON/TKOF instructions. MainProgram.bmp RUN_TEST_Task.bmp Edited by BITS N BYTES

It is not correct. A key with "SET" function works also if CJ is in STOP state. I normally use dedicated screen to test outputs and do it in STOP mode. (How can I attach an image?) For what is regarding points 3,4 and 5, I didn't want to use this way. Thanks Emanuele

elel65 We can debate what the best way to do this is, but until you can figure out if the Proface unit can send any command that you build (specifically the command to change PLC modes), it is pointless to debate. Is the Proface HMI communicating Ethernet or Serial? If it is serial, what driver are you using? There are 2 ways to do what you want. 1. Put the PLC in program mode and directly control the PLC output points with SET / RESET HMI buttons or momentary HMI buttons. 2. Use Task based programming as suggested by BITS N BYTES. This would be my recommendation, as it will work with any manufacturers HMI.

PMCR How? If it is possible, what does CJ1M want to switch in STOP mode? Emanuele

I'm gonna give my 2c worth. Standard 'modern' code would allow for a manual or engineering mode, as in what BitsnBytes as suggested. There are different implementations of this, the most common way I have seen is to have parallel condtions, 1x for Auto mode, 1x for Manual mode. There is then a following condition for Auto & Manual enable. IMHO, putting the PLC into program mode should not be done by anyone other than the person working with the PLC code.

I wholeheartedly concur.

Sorry, but I don't agree with you. Thanks all Emanuele

Now I know why FIAT makes such a GREEAAATTTT automobile! NOT

Dear BITS N BYTES you don't know anything about FIAT and all those thousands of people who are at home now. This point has nothing to do with my initial question. Therefore, forget it. Fortunately I don't work for FIAT but my situation is dangerously quite similar and think seriously to change my job - if I find another one; do you need an OMRON programmer that is not able to STOP a CJ1M cpu?. I simply asked how to switch a CJ1M from RUN to STOP mode and viceversa to help another worker, who is not able with computers, to do his job. Is it illegal perhaps? Not here in Europe. Maybe in the U.S.. Sorry I didn't know. Anyway, I know the possibility you suggested me, and at the end I'll follow it. Ciao Emanuele

elel65, a little dissing is to be expected here when you appear to ignore or refuse to accept advise from myself and others. My last post may have been out of order but you have to have some sense of humor! Believe me we are here to help you and anyone else on this forum whenever possible. I have learned more from this website and others than I would EVER know from attending so called "classes" that are touted by PLC manufacturers. Sorry to hear your job situation is so bad, hope you find a solution. Keep posting questions and I am sure you will find answers.

Maybe, he is still pi$$ed about the World Cup... opp's did I just bring that up... Bitsy is has been trying to help, and the best way is to try and understand the what you are trying to achieve to come up with a suitable solution. And his little Jibe about FIAT, well he did forget about the super cars Ferarri, Lambo etc, the point being we all throw in a little line to get a rise sometimes as it can lighten the situation up. Another way might be to have an MR bit (master relay bit that has to be enable to allow code to run)