Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Olimagi

Host link & NT Link

21 posts in this topic

Hi, Sorry for my english... My problem is: I have programming my NT620C with the NT support tools. I want to control my greenhouse (Fan, valve, heather,...). I have put in my screen many touch switch for start/stop in manual operation. All of the touch swicth are in the same word (IR1200 and IR1201). If i set the communication: Host link, the touch switch operate bad ( i think that in this communication, the plc read the complete word, not just the bit, maybe my problem)...!!! It is normal??? I have tried to change my PT and my PLC to NT Link (1:N). Result: I see on my NT620C a switching screen between "Connecting Host" and " my screen of my greenhouse". WHY? Thanks for your help Olimagi

I suspect that you are trying to use a CPM style PLC which only supports 1:1 NT Link rather than 1:N NT link. Use Hostlink instead.

Hi Jay, Quote 1 I have put a "lamp" (NT Support tools) on the bit of output of fan,valve,... in my program (CX-Programmer). Example: My start for the first fan is IR1200.00, the stop is IR 1200.01and the lamp is IR1.00. My touch switch are in the IR1200 and IR1201. My output are in IR001 (corresponding to C200H-OC225 card). I don't use the light function in the touch switch... Quote 2 My PLC is a CS1G-CPU42-V1 and my screen is a NT620C-ST141-E. Do you want a copy of my NTST and Cx-Programmer program? Thanks Olimagi

What are the PT Control and PT Notify areas set for?

Hi Jay, The PT control is D00300 (DM300) and the PT Notify is D00310 (DM310)

OK. send us the NT file.

Hi, I will send you a copy of my program NTST files... Thanks Olimagi Projet_maison_NT.onw

I cannot find any errors in the NTST program. It is good. What is the value of D300? Please make a copy of the DMs and a copy of the program in CX Programmer and post it here. What does this System Menu screen look like?

Hi, I sent a copy of the program of CX-Programmer. My memory switch menu is: Key press sound----OFF Buzzer sound--------ERROR ON Screen Saver--------10 MIN Resume function-----OFF Printer----------------ESC/P Col COM. Method--------1:N NT LINK HOST LINK SPEED--unused Unit.------------------0 Thanks Olimagi Projet_maison_CX.cxp

Change your project settings to NT Link 1:N Standard. Change your Startup Mode to Monitor. Be sure dip switch #5 is off. Be sure to transfer the settings: Option|Transfer to PLC

Here's the program with the settings changed: Projet_maison_CX.Rev_1.cxp

Hi, I've trying your setting but i have the same problem. My screen switch between "Connecting to host" and my screen of my NTST program. The "RUN" led of my NT620C switch off/on. I send you a Data memory Thanks Olimagi CS1G.mem

Hi, communication between NT series terminals and Omron PLCs works only in NT LINK mode (of course if you don't want to have problems). I think that you must set (NT/PC Link MAX) with value > 0. Bye

Hi, I've put "1". ...Same problem. I just want to communicate between a plc to one PT... Thanks Olimagi

That only applies to NS Screens ,not NT Screens. Try changing your initial screen to something other than 1. I suspect something wrong with screen 1.

I know that this might sound silly but have you checked your cable between the PLC and the screen ? Here's the pinouts...

Hi, I have tried to change my initial page... same problem. The cable is the same that i use with the host link connection and the communication is good. Now, i want to communicate with the NT-Link communication (Same cable) because i have some problem with my touch switch (same word) for control my greenhouse... Thanks Olimagi

Ok. I'm stumped!

Might not be useful, but i had the same problem with a nt20 display. I tried everything that was suggested. Machine would be running and the display would switch between main screen and connecting to host. replaced display,cables, no luck. Problem ended up being the power supply of the plc, which was a cqm1h. I replaced my main powersupply, ran dedicated power (dc) from a seperate power supply to the display, same problem. After replacing the plc powersupply, problem went away.

Hmmmm that is quite interesting, I had a similar problem once with a C200hx, but it was with a devicenet master, for some reason I am guessing that there wasnt amps to power it right the only way I figured it out was that the 24vdc axiliry power supply was at 18vdc so I switched it and then everything worked well

Hi, I've changed PLC power supply and NT power supply, same problem... Thanks for your help Olimagi