Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Version 3 Update.

12 posts in this topic

Hi, Could any one tell me if Version 3 updates automatically on instillation or do you have to start from scratch. I run version 2 on 4 PCs and have just ordered version 3 Development and Run time will the new version convert the old version 2. I believe that v3 Data Logging is a lot better with the new version. Regards Peter

Hi Yes, CX-Supervisor V3 will automatically update any project loaded into developer. Be warned though it won't revert a project back to an old version, so once you've loaded into Developer V3 and saved, you can no longer develop in V2 - you can create a V2 runtime though if you need to for your other machines. You can run V2 runtimes in V3 without recompiling. I hope this helps Keda

Many Thanks Keda, I am hoping the new version 3 allows me to log data across the midnight roll over better I have to log data for my plant across 3 shifts and the 2200-0600 causes me problems. Regards Peter

Hi Peter, Remembering several past discussions about your shift patterns, I'm afraid to say V3 doesn't change the midnight rollover for DLV However I am pleased to say V3 has an all new Data Log Viewer and a function that I think will solve your problems V3 DLV can now load and view logs to database files (as well as Omron DLV format). So if you make a few small changes to your logging to log to a Database you can still graphically view the data, but you also have greater control to export, copy, delete etc from the database at your full control !! "Database" might sound complex for some, but actually its quite easy and when you get V3 installed I'm sure you will find those willing to help Regards, BB.

okay BB, The software is supposed to arrive tomorrow I tried to log to Excel when I first got Supervisor but in the end settled for DLV will see if logging to Excel has improved. Regards Peter

OK good luck - but note the DLV works with Access log file I think.

Hi BB, The problem is that my company dosnt use Access as a data base it uses Excel. So I need to log to a an Excel database, do you or anyone out there have any experience in doing this. Regards Peter

Excel is a spreadsheet, not a database. Does you company prefer the information in excel format, as that is what they are familiar with? Would they be happy with a .csv file? This can be opened & then saved as an excel file, and then can have any manipulation/fancy graphs added as they please.

Excel really isn't a database, its a spreadsheet, so its not very good at being a database, most people who I've worked with trying to use Excel as a 'database' hit many problems. As BB said, the new DLV does not support Excel 'databases'.

Yes me included, I do use the CSV format but its the old problem of midnight rollover that seems to affect templates that we use, still will see how V3 helps. Regards Peter

please I need serial for CX-Supervisor v3.0 or CX-Supervisor v3.1 please help thanks

You have to buy it.