Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Ked

Can't communicate with QJ71E71-100

8 posts in this topic

Hi all I have a Q00J, QJ71E71-100 and Q71MES96. I can communicate with the MES unit (192.168.0.85) but not with with the E71 (192.168.0.84) Using the diagnostic tools, the module information is there, no error and with the correct IP, but Ping will not find it. However, pinging it from DOS does find it. Any ideas? Cheers Paul Ked BTW I'm using GX Dev 8.30G

What kind og ping does NOT find it?? I mean; you can either ping it, or you cannot ping it (and I refer to DOS pings)...... And further on, what/how are you going to communicate with the E71 module?

Pinging from DOS finds it, using the Ping function in GXDev does not, hence me wondering about the version. I'll be communicating to a network of plc's and hmi's and using the MES unit to log data, hold recipes, manage reports etc. (through a database) Cheers Paul Ked Edited by Paul Ked

I haven't used GX Developer that much, but since you can ping the module in DOS, the module is clearly on-line. I rarely use GX Dev./GX IEC Dev. built in Ping functions, since ping is supposed to be on a much lower layer in the TCP/IP stack than the app. level. I suppose you are going to connect HMIs/PLCs to the E71 card. Does this work, or haven't you tried that yet? Can you program the PLC via E71-module using GX Dev.?

What's your own IP adress of the PC which you are using to communcate? Can you Ping the QJ71MES96 from the QJ71E71-100 module? Can you make some screen shots of your settings

Hi My PC IP is 192.168.0.71 and I can ping everything from the DOS prompt. THe PLC (192.168.0.84) is communicating with the HMI (192.168.0.72) and the MES (192.168.0.85) is communicating with the server (192.168.0.83). However, I cannot communicate with the PLC over the ethernet from GXDev. Screenshots: Cheers Paul Ked

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=17714 Chekc if anything on this thread helps.

Many thanks, it did help. On the PC side of Transfer Setup I had set to Station No 1 instead of 2! Cheers Paul Ked