Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjb5x4

PLC5 problem

5 posts in this topic

I received a used plc5 and have not been able to get online (or anything for that matter) to communicate with it. I have tried configuring the driver through rs linx classic and using auto configure on the port i have used for other plcs. I am fresh out of ideas as to what could be wrong since i am using the same settings/hardware other then the plc to do this. Thanks for any input!

There is a forum for Allen Bradley PLCs. You don't need to put it here in Other PLCs. You will most likely get more answers in the AB forum.

The LEDs on the front of the controller will provide the basic diagnostics. Post the model of PLC-5 (like 5/25 or 5/40) and what the LEDs are doing when the keyswitch is in each (Prog / Rem / Run) position. What kind of power supply are you using ?

Yep, we need the model number. The "classic" 5's do not have a serial port. My knee jerk response, is: you bought this used, but have not used a 5 before, it is a classic that got pulled and you do not have the required hardware to connect via DH+. Sorry, but I'm not in a generous mood this AM.

To summarize to best assist you the folowing information will be useful. 1. Exact PLC 5 Model Number including firmware revision and series. 2. Your PC OS and Port Type {USB, PCMCIA, Built-In-Serial} 3. Your RSlinx Revision 4. Your cable part numbers that you are using to connect. Helpful information would also include 1. Status of the LED's on the CPU in Each Keyswitch mode 2. Screenshot of your driver configuration from RSLinx With feedback and interaction I am sure the folks here can get you to an answer. Please respond and work with us.