Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
escski

analog channel noise

8 posts in this topic

I hope someone can help me out here....I have a system 5/03 of which is connected an analog card 1746-NI8 on one of the channels I am measuring resistance the range is 1- 10 ohms, however when I try to scale the input through the SCP instr... the counts are not stable at all ,,, I then measure the input voltage coming in from the resistance meter and its rock solid.... I thought I was picking up noise on the analog input but as I stated the voltage is solid..... I don't know where the noise would be coming from..... any ideas would be greatly appreciated.... note: the other channels are noisy as well...

Can you post a sketch of how you have your modules wired? These are 4-20mA

Looks like there dip switch selectable voltage or current. (see pdf below) But you are right, how he has it connected or what he has connected is confusing. A drawing would help. 1746NI8VoltageOrCurrent.pdf

Mickey, what PDF creator do you use, for some reason I can only open up about half the PDFs you post. But you are correct, my mistake

all inputs are connected as differential, and are config as 0-10v, there is one channel that is not connected and is not Jumpered , I wonder if that would have any effect.

So where are you getting your power from? What do you have hooked to the + and -? Provide a sketch if you can. Also, if you put a voltmeter across the + and - of a particular channel, do you see this fluctuation? Is the reading what you expect?

The one above was created by PDF995. But sometimes I use CutePDF writer. I have had complaints about CutePDF though. Edited by Mickey

How much are the counts varying? all meters have dampening or filtering. Maybe you need to add filtering. You might try putting a scope on it if one is available. A capacitor in your circuit might help also.