Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
python01

Latched memory locations on Q00J?

5 posts in this topic

I have to store some setup data that would be entered via touch screen and I wonder where can it be stored to be preserved during power off since I don't want to have it replaced every time the PLC is powered up. I looked through the manuals but am not able to figure out how to do it.

Create some fileregisters ® to store your setup data

Do I have to create them while running my software or can I create them somwhere in setup/PLC parameters?

You use file registers at the cost of program memory space - so an alternative You can make some or all data registers retentive in parameter setup. go to paremeters/device and type in what range of D registers you wish to be retentive In this example I have made them all retentive, so all will keep the number stored after power down. Then when you have changed the paremeters you must download them into the plc Edited by Goody

With Q00J, you cannot use a memory card, so storing data to file registers will make use of the internal Standard RAM drive. This is backed by the PLC battery, which means if the battery dies, data is lost. Goody's suggestion makes addresses within the standard ranges battery backed. But also, if the PLC battery goes dead, all data is lost. If you need memory card capability, you need to upgrade to at least a Q02CPU.