Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Veganic

Micrologix 500 v5.2

5 posts in this topic

Our current version of Mirologix 500 is 5.2 We don't do much AB sutff these days but I'd like to have the option occasionally. What limits can I expect with V5.2? Is it virtually useless? Thanks.

I am sure you mean RSLogix500 Ver 5.2. Its not useless but very old. See release notes below and link to current ver. http://www.software.rockwell.com/corporate/revs/#top More release notes, see link http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...swers.search_nl RSLogix_500_r5.20.pdf Edited by Mickey

The biggest problem I would forsee is if you provide a customer with a control system using version 5.2...then the customer does some tweaking with a later version...then you get a call in the middle of the night saying they need you, you will not be able to connect to the processor. I don't know that this is always the situation, but I ran into it last year with when my minor revision of version 7 was lower than the customers

The older software will not work with the newer processors. When you go to create a new project, you will not find the latest processors on the list. Might not work at all. The price of an e-connect support contract is pretty cheap, depends on the number of processors you have. I would call the local AB house and inquire. With an e-connect contract, you can download the latest version of the software, plus you have full access to the RA knowledge base.

Thanks for the replys. So the short answer is that it's too risky for commercial projects. And the best was to upgrade is with a support contract. We also have an old licence for logix 5000 which I haven't even looked at yet!