Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kcor

omron and industrial pc

9 posts in this topic

have a machine that uses a beckoff cx1000 industrial pc, with beckoff i/o modules. curious, is there a similar setup possible with omron plc. machine deals with a lot of data and transfer of test results etc... thanks

Here's my 2 cents worth........ I am not familiar with the aformentioned system however...from the description it appears on the surface to be straight forward. There are a number of industrial PCs available, I have used the ADVANTECH ones and found them to be most reliable. Then I have a SCADA application on them namely Omrons' CX-Supervisor, Citect, Wonderware, or Iconics etc running on the PC. This simply connects to the PLC which has all of the IO cards..... Alternatively..Omron did release a number of years ago a C200H alpha PLC based on an ISA card so that you could plug it directly into a computer. It had the option of connecting to devicenet or expansion backplanes. Finally today, although not an industrial PC, Omron has released the industrial NS series of touch screens. You can plug a Compact Flash into these screens (the same ones used for the CS1 and CJ1 PLCs), I know that you can log alarm information to these cards in a .CSV format, perhaps trending infomation and other information could also be logged, not sure of this though. Final Finally.......... I am also dealing with a company who is developing a neat little interface box which will communicate with the Omron PLC, display animated web pages, log events, schedule events, trend and store all required logged data in a SQL database on the unit (which can be easily accessed across a network or the internet). The unit also has ethernet built in and also has an option for GSM connectivity. So in this scenario you only need to have a PLC with associated IO and this great little box. This sould be available around June..

Someone from the state sent me this cx.pdf I don't know this CX industrial computer latest series of industrial touch screen Panel PCs you can read this and check this out

This is a valid product in the US. What would you like to know?

Jay Would be very interested in learning more about this cx-pc. Have worked with a intergrator who used a Beckoff Cx1000 pc/plc that has windows xp embedded. Not exactly sure the model of the operator screen, but intergrator is using visualstudio.net to create the screens, and a software package known as ianywhere to handle the database that the unit accesses to retrieve information as to what test results should be and then place results. The unit is going to be networked to a server through ethernet to get database information from. I myself am more familiar with the omron line of plc equipment and hmi units such as the nt20-31 line. Is it possible to accomplish the same as above with a omron type package that would be more familiar to use by individuals who are familiar with the cx programmer and Ntst line of software. Would appreciate any advise on this. thanks

If what you mean is a Operator Interface package running on a flat-panel industrial PC that can query a database, that's what CX-PC is. It runs a package of CX-Supervisor (which you can find a demo copy in MrPLC.com download section.) It is part of the CX Automation Suite of products and will use CX Server just like CX Programmer. It will definitely not be similar to NTST software as this is not a part of the CX Automation Suite. With regards to using VB.net, this is not necessary as it provides it's own custtomizable GUI and script language. It is similar to all other competitor's SCADA packages such as Citect, WW, Intellution,etc. The commands are there to query the database in SQL and we usually recommend interfacing with Sybase or MS-SQL. Be sure to read the .pdf that Yair posted above.

thanks Jay Could you post a example of how one of these systems would interact ( communicate) with a plc that will executing the program to control the operation of machinery, such as packaging,dyeing,etc. At the moment, mostly everything we use consist of cqm1h plc's and nt21 displays.

Rock, there are a number of examples, datbase access examples and basic control examples that come with the CX-Supervisor.

Product Overview of CX Supervisor POV CX Supervisor.pdf