Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr_electrician

I am really going nuts!

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I have been trying to get a part of my program to function the way I need it to for 2 1/2 weeks with no success. I know it is something simple that I am not seeing. What I am trying to do is divert 1 part to one machine for every 2 parts that go past the diverter to another machine. The parts travel along a conveyor system. The problem that I am having is when I am diverting the 1 part the next part of the program that lets 2 parts go is starting. I think the problem is in my section that releases one part. WHat I think is happening is it is not getting the done signal fast enough and is repeating it self. I will attach the program in a zip file format. I have been using micro win for programming it. I am sure there will be questions. The section that you need to look at is "L10 L5 Distribution" as well as "Program Block" 1020_23_conveyance_rev.4.3.zip

I haven't reviewed the program, but I did something similar once. I had a counter that went to 3, resetting itself automatically. That meant the counter always had a value of 0, 1, or 2. If it was 0 or 1, then send part one way. If it was 2, send it the other. Used a similar system for lead/lag control of 4 pumps.

Thank you Crossbow for taking the time to look at my post. I am pretty new when it comes to creating programs. I did in the meantime get my main issue of 2 parts going to early. It was in the divertion to L10 which should only receive 1 part. Because of the travel of the part the logic was becoming true again for that rung and re staging the part. I am attaching the revised program so you can see how I got around that issue. As well I am doing a 1:1 ratio because the L10 machine was always waiting for parts. The only issue I have left is when the L5 magazine is full but the L10 infeed conveyor is not, my parts are not released from the stager to go into the L10. The only thing that happens is my gate extends.(which is one of the things I need to happen. I do not have any issues when the L10 infeed conveyor is full. The main stager will release parts the L5 magazine as needed untill full or untill the L10 needs parts again. Again, probably a simple fix that I am not seeing.

While I can't speak to the siemens implementation of what you need, don't have software or experience. In other platforms where I've needed to do {a 1 to 2 divert} this I take a four part approach, usually four subroutines. Subroutine A would be the determine a new part existed needing routing. It would then trigger Subroutine B. Subroutine A would also ahve logic to ensure that the new part departed and that it would not double fire. Subroutine B would start with counter logic like described or other ratio logic to determine initial lane assignment. The rest of Sub B would contain override logic {L10 chosen and full then choose L5 if available, L5 Full and chosen then choose L10 if available, Operator override request from a lane, etc}. Subroutine B would then trigger Sub C or Sub D accordingly. Sub C and D would control the actual transfer of part from staging to lane. A,C & D would have handshake flags as would A & B and B,C 7 D. Hope this is clear.

I get what your saying. I am employing subroutines in my program. I use one for when both lathes are in service, as well as a subroutine for each lathe when it is running solo.(Well that is the final plan!) Anyways I did get it finally working. Now I can take my logic and clean it up. Right now the program works, but is pretty sloppy looking! Anyone have good suggestions for cleaning up my program?

In "Program_Block" network 2, M3.3 is "named" as "Always On Bit"; this is only true if you are in Automatic? Use SM0.0; this is the pre-programmed "Always On" bit. Same applies to networks 17,18,19 & 20. Have a look in the help file for SM0 to see all the other preprogramed Bits.