Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
housed

Need To build cable to link a FXo-14MR-ES

6 posts in this topic

Hello all, Let me say first I am very new to logic controllers. I have learned alot reading all of your posts. I am trying to interface an old air compressor plc (Mitsubishi FXo-14MR-ES) to a solid state hybrid rocket motor, (school project). I have 4 solenoids to control all very simple, on at # off at #. The problem I am encountering is I do not know how arrange my pins on the cable (mini 8 DIN connecter to 9 pin serial) that I have to build to link up to the computer. I have downloaded the manual but it does not get that thenical, any sugestions? Edited by housed

You will probably have to buy a cable for mitsubishi, most have some form of interface conversion circuit built into them so you cant just make a cable. i.e. Q cable will not work with an FX, FX2n will not work with FX0n

Programming cable part number is SC09. It has electronics in it to convert the PLC RS422 com port to an RS232 you can connect to your PC. There are threads here where someone was able to reproduce the cable cheaply without the electronics. You should search existing threads for an answer when possible. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopi...gramming++cable That thread has over 70 replies... it's been here a while...

They also sell them on ebay (not made by mitsubishi) for that plc very cheap (£20)

He could also get one from here instead of getting ripped off on ebay !! http://shopv2.mrplc.com/product_info.php/c.../products_id/73