Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neo

CX-Supervisor Alias Definitions

5 posts in this topic

Hi all My colleague is currently working on a project and is using the "alias definitions" function to help label point arrays. However, he has hit a limit. He can not type in any more defintions. It is like there is a physcal limit. I searched the pdf manuals and no where does it speak of a limit. Can anyone help? Chears Neo

Hiya. I do remember some suggested limit of 32K with the Alias Editor - exactly how many aliases are you talking about? Also, have you noticed these are stored in a text file (.pre I think)? Have you tried editing that in Notepad? Bertie Edited by Berti Baker

... Yes I too have reached the limit on a project I am doing. This was looking to cause me a major problem. I got around it by removing all the comments attached to be alias'. Thus reducing the total number of characters in my alias table, and now sufficient for my project (approx 1000ish alias definitions). This potentially could have caused me some major problems. I am using V1.22 (old but no updates have been made available to me down here in NZ) Nibroc

V1.22, I have 1.32(4). I have been asking for V2 from local distributor, but as you have stated, nothing has been made available for quite some time. I queried the latest versions in this thread a while back, http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=10955&hl= have a read, it may help, only if you want to upgrade of course...... The European guys have V2, have done for a while I believe, I think it may still be a trial version though? Not sure when we will see it The update files are 1.3(20) is 30Mb, the other 1.32 is 19Mb, I think that I downloaded them from the european website. Edited by scottmurphy

Hi Scott, Yes I too, am aware of V2 and have seen some detail of the new specs/improvements. Been a while, very busy here, how about you? Tim