Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ParaffinPower

CP1L settings

13 posts in this topic

Hi All Happy new year to the forum members On a customer's PC... Where is the "Settings" option?? It's CXOne V2 with all updates. Thanks for any suggestions, Pp

Happy New Year to All! Close out the About box. Double click the "New PLC1" This should open the Change PLC dialog. Settings are available for PLC Type and Network Type. Hope this is what you were asking.

Hi Gts Thanks for the reply, however... I meant the "Settings" in the project tree, as in where to access Serial Port settings, Interrupt settings...etc. It should be below the "Symbols" Cheers Edited by ParaffinPower

Ooo. See what you mean. Sorry just tried here (on CX-P 7.20) but it worked fine for me and showed Settings for both PLC types. Sounds like somethings screwed up. Personally I'd try uninstalling everything and reinstalling from scratch. Can they reproduce this or do you also see it? Bertie

Hi Pp, Really did not think I had the answer to your question. Have you tried a different PLC type (other than CP1L)? I am wondering about the CPS file for the CP1L. Just a thought.

Thanks for the input, guys. All other PLCs (CJ1, CPM2 etc) work fine. I use V7.2 aswell - this is on a customer's machine. Works fine on mine too... Smells like a problem that can be solved with him buying a V3 upgrade

... Hi, I have the exact same problem with one of our laptops. It does not offer a PLC-Settings component for CP1L PLC's. All other PLC's are fine. It is Running CX-P version 7.2, CX-One version 2. CX-P, CX-Server etc were updated using auto updates. We are in NZ so cannot get CX-One version 3. The other Laptop works fine!! I Suspect it is missing an update? Did you resolve this PariffinPower ?? Nibroc

I'm afraid not, well, we bought V3. In all fairness, I didn't raise it as an issue beyond here (MrPLC), so there may be a fix that I'm not aware of. Good luck! Edited by ParaffinPower

... I have found part of the solution: I copied the PLC Setup.OCX file from a working Laptop to the Non Working Laptop (different file sizes, different creation dates) and we now have a PLC settings Component for CP1L. However, this is not the whole solution. CX-P crashes when you try to use some features of the Settings (eg built in inputs tab) I suspect the faulty Laptop has not upgraded properly using the automatic updates etc - I did not install all the various (numerous) updates separately, I simply installed the latest updates, and now I cannot install any earlier ones. I guess we will have to start from the beginning with a fresh install and put all the updates in one by one - have you got a spare morning ... Perhaps someone from Omron could tell us which other files / settings to correct the faulty install. Which auto update installs the latest PLC Setting.ocx file ?? Nibroc

I removed CX-One recently a bit at a time. Then ran Registery Mechanic to clean out all the s**t left in the registery. Re-installed CX-One and only the latest updates. CX-Programmer crashed. Repeated the process and now all works fine. I think part of the problem may be some of the s**t left in the registery.

Hi BobB, been a wee while since I have been here (busy, away, busy etc) I suspect you are correct, I think an uninstall, cleanout and reinstall is in order, again ... (lucky it is not my machine, but the new guys! ) Nibroc

Been in Dunedin Tim? You know what 'wee' is in Ozz of course.

... Haven't been to Dunedin for a couple of years Bob , later this year though as I have a project which looks likely to proceed (Control Logix though). Late last year I did a Modicon Premium using the Unity software - not bad and the Magellis HMI is quite nice too (works with Omron also ...) Still, I have several Omron projects on the go Was in Tassie last week (making ice for a Salmon factory) - nice place. Looks like I may have another job in Byron Bay (hope I spelt that correctly) in the next few months. 'wee' in the aussie dictionary - I'll have to make some discrete inquiries - guess I may be a little naive .... it probably means the same thing it does here ... Tim (aka Nibroc) Edited by Nibroc