Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DJDUNKY

LSS vs Syswin

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction. I have got a project on an old PLC where I need o make a change in the software. I have an old laptop with LSS on and I also have a newer laptop with syswin. Is ther a way to upload from the CQM via syswin to include the data memory etc and if so do I need to download the data memory seperately as per LSS? Any help would be greatly appreciated Many thanks DJDUNKY

You will need to upload DM separately if I remember correctly. Have not used Syswin in years quite frankly. Edited by BobB

Thanks Bob, I have only ever used syswin once and from memory I couldn't work out how to upload the data memory, does anyone know?

Welcome to the Forum!! You need to open the Data Display Editor. Then click on DM button on the left. Make sure you are connected to the plc (telephone symbol). The data should be displayed. If not, click the R lightning bolt icon. Then save the data. Should create a .dmm (or maybe .ddm) file. Data is written to the processor with the W lightning bolt icon. Syswin is no longer available (or supported). You may want to consider upgrading to CX-One. Check with your Omron distributor for upgrade pricing. Hope this will help. Edited by gtsuport

thanks for your help gtsuport. I have used the 'Convert from' feature within Syswin to convert the PCG2000.dat file from LSS into the syswin format. This does not seem to include the data memory or maybe I am not looking in the right place. Can anyone advise?

Can you post the original LSS file you are trying to convert with Syswin ?

Yes I suppose so....i don't know if this will work!!!

zip the file... then you can upload... I don;t believe that the data file was part of the program file either in LSS.