Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
presario2100

Password setting for CQM1

10 posts in this topic

How to settting the password on PLC CQM1 by using programming console?

Hello presario2100, Unfortunately, I don't think that you can .

you can with the command FUN(49) (also known as SYS(49)) in the first rung of the program activated by the bit AR10.01 It is a 3 argument command 1st: 0000 2nd: 0000 3rd: #"password" Edited by beegee

Hello beegee / presario2100, Yes, you must have that rung as the first one in the program, however, using just a procon, you will still not be able to Set or Reset the program protection. Syswin or CX-P will be needed I'm afraid .

my mistake, I thought the PLC activated it at startup

As others have said, using Fun 49 with a open contact AR10.01 preceding it will work. I have used it with C200H series and CPM1A, I assume it works as well with CQM1. (using a handheld to program AR10.01, push Ld, than shift key, than Hr key, ....this gets you the "AR") Using a hand held program fun 49 as Beegee says. Lets use #1234 as your password. Upon power up the plc will be password protected. Using a hand held to unprotect the program first push (one at a time) Clr, montr, Clr display will show 00000 and the program will still be protected than clr, clr, shift, clr,reset, 1234, write The program will now be unprotected Hope this works on CQM1

Bluebyu Never came across that release code before... Well done. P.S. It works on a CQM1H, so can assume the same is true for CQM1 Edited by anonymous

been doing it for a long time, eh blubyu?

... Program will look something like this ... Nibroc