Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
priya

hello plz explainSHIFT REGISTER(SHIFT,SFTL,SFTR) WITH APLICATION EXAMPLE

8 posts in this topic

Hello friend iam working in Lamp company,in one operation the lamp are loaded in index tabel and its coated with powder. my doubt is the lamp is detectected by sensor in first station and the same lamp is coated in eleventh station excatly,in ladder i understand they used shift register instruction but i not able to understand the sequence ,so please anybody explain how shift register,SHFTR,SHFTL IS WORKING I AM USING MITSHIBUSHI PLC PLEASE EXPLAIN FOR BOTH A SERIES AND FX SERIES PLC. And also explain THE ROL INSTRUCTION WITH EXAMPLE INEEED APPLICATION EXAMPLE PROGRAMME FOR SHIFT REGISTER AND ROL THANKING YOU REGARDS GANDHI

Prya, I'm sure you dont mean to sound demanding - but it is how you are coming across. I realise english might not be your first language and so allowances for this are made. However, if you have already seen some examples of shift registers and cannot understand them properly - being shown another example of the exact same thing will have the same effect. So maybe just knowing what a shift register or a shift bit does might help. They are most commonly used for tracking something or doing an action further down the production line. shftr and shftl moves the information either one place up or one place down. In this case it would seem to be - if a lamp is detected, then when it gets to the coating station it is coated - if no lamp is detected then the coating mechanism does not activate. The best way to fully understand a shift register is to read the manual then set a practice program up to see what happens. When I first taught myself shift registers I set up the parameters then had a row of all the shifting bits on a line below so I could watch which came on and off as I practiced with the shft instruction. It did not take long to grasp how to do it.

Though I've NEVER programmed a bit shift in a mitsu PLC, the concept is the same. Check out this article here: http://www.mrplc.com/kb/index.php?page=ind...;id=71&c=12 Watch the animated GIF at the end of the article and see if you can get a concept of how bit shifts are used in a machine to track an operation. Hope it helps.

bit manipulation belongs to basics, including bith shift and rotation with or without carry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_shift#Bit_shifts the best way to explore it (and any other instruction or piece of code) is to write sample program and play with it. i do this for every single instruction before it qualifies to be used in my programs (often certain things work a bit differently on different platforms). using bit-shift (or alike) for tracking parts relies on idea that bit position is related or representing actual phisical position of the tracked part. since bit has only two possible values there is not much information one can attach to it. sometimes the solution is to use more than one bit shift, but there are other methods such as stacks. folowing shows possible sample code to test ROL instruction (load some value into register on power on, ensure it can be changed at run time, provide custom clock so it's easy to watch it using device batch, ...and focus...)

Speaking of other methods using a contiguous array of registers and a head and tail pointer since the changing moving data is less is becoming a favorite of mine.

Thank you very much still i need some more application example using mitshibushi ladder instruction related to shift register SFTL AND SFTR please i am waiting for ur reply. Thanking you Regards Gandhi kumar

All you have to do is replace ROL with any other shift or roll instruction.