Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wonderboutin

MSG instruction

7 posts in this topic

I have a application with a 5/04 and 15 5/03. My 5/04 communicate with all 5/03 in DF1 protocol. I use MSG instruction for read and write all data in all 5/03. I change my 5/04 for a 5/05 because I need ethernet port. When I Verify the project, I have the error "MSG instruction is not valid on the currently selected processor!-> 1747-L553B/C .................." Is it normal ? What can I do for communicate with all 5/03 ?

When you say DF1, do you mean you are using the DH+ port. If so, I believe the SLC5/05 has the ethernet port instead of the DH+ port. Therefore your existing MSG can't be a DataHiway message. You will need to find a way for the SLC 5/05 to talk to the existing SLCs.

Try 1761-NET-AIC on the serial port of the SLC 5/05 and configure the comms for that port.

I think BaxtersDad meant to put the 1761-NET-ENI on the 5/04's serial port. Then you don't need to change the Processor type.

Help clear up some confusion. SLC 5/03 has two ports Channel 0 is configurable for DF1 or DH 485 or shutdown Channel 1 is configurable for DH485 or shutdown SLC 5/04 has two ports Channel 0 is configurable for DF1 or DH 485 or shutdown Channel 1 is configurable for DH+ or shutdown SLC 5/05 has two ports Channel 0 is configurable for DF1 or DH 485 or shutdown Channel 1 is configurable for Ethernet What ports on the 5/03 and 5/04 where you originally using? What ports are you trying to use on the 5/05 and how is it configured?

And just for the sake of completeness, the Channel 0 on all of these processors can be configured for an alternate mode, "user mode", where ASCII data can be sent and received under control of the program.

If you are communicating with different SLCs check the MSG help file. The 504 will not allow an entire register (255 words) to be sent, I forget what the limit is. The 505 is unlimited. Ethernet I/P would be the preferred method if possible. Giz