Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric Apperley

CITECT not communicating with CJ1M

14 posts in this topic

I've recently obtained the CITECT v6 DVD from the local distributor with a view to familiarisation as I've never worked with the product before. I have read through an old training manual for V5 and have a CJ1M with ETN-21 Ethernet adapter which I want to connect to CITECT as the external I/O device for training purposes. I have successfully installed CITECT and configured the ETN21 on the PLC. I can ping the PLC from the PC and can also talk to it from my .NET programs using either using TCP/IP sockets or hostlink serial comms. I can also communicate with the PLC from CX-One using either hostlink serial or ethernet. However, I can't seem to get CITECT to communicate with it using either a serial or ethernet connection so I figure I've got something basic wrong in the CITECT config. I note that there is no CJ1M driver listed so I've selected the OMRON CS1 Ethernet 2 driver. The symptom is the "#COM" message that CITECT displays on the graphics page and the complete lack of ethernet comms with the CJ1M. I've basically just added a display field as a variable tag on a page in CITECT that is supposed to display the contents of DM500 in the CJ1M. That location is incremented once a second by a time in the ladder logic PLC program. I've attached screen-shots of relevant data in a MS WORD document. Any thoughts from CITECT PLC gurus as to what I'm doing wrong here? Eric CITECT_CJ1M_Setup.doc

Bobb will be your man for this one Eric. He normally pops in late afternoon....

You did not include the TAG details in your doc.. could you do that also...

Hi Eric (an Scott!) You will need to download the Omron FINS driver from Citect. (not to be confused with OMFINS which wont work!). I suspect you will also need to run Omron FINS Gateway 2003 middleware on the PC. (FYI Eric - Fins Gateway comes with its own .net 1.1 library! (not required for Citect comms) You will need to map the PLC ethernet unit to a network number using the routing table editor. You will also need to configure the FINS gateway ethernet unit. As mentioned by Scott - BobB should be able to help you with Citect connections (I am a few years rusty) Tim Edited by Nibroc

Corbin... seems to be on the right track when I checked the Citect Help file IO Devices - Omron .... which also eludes to this fact... I cannot remember if the newer versions come with it on the CD or you need to download it as well. Also as a side note .... I believe that you will need to set CX prog to use this driver if you want to be able to have CX-Progr and Citect at the same time...

Hi Sleepy, Been a wee while since my last post.. I note that the forum is alive and well! I have attached some pics below which may help with configuration: You will need to install Omron Fins Gateway 2003 You will need to download and install the Citect FINS driver (from Citect) Map PLC ethernet unit to network number 1 (using routing table editer via CX-Integrator) Configure Ethernet network in Fins Gateway (see picutre) CX-Programmer can connect via Fins Gateway (see picture) As a side note, CX-Programmer and Citect can connect to CX-Simulator via Fins Gateway, make a great SCADA test platform. (see picture for some clues) Tim ... There is no room to add my attachments ?? I have two files at 200k each ... Tim

Try to zip them Tim ?

What 4 hours ... good to see you back Timmayyyy !

Guys, thanks very much for the input. I was afraid that I'd probably have to install the FINS Gateway to get this to work (yet another darned bunch of entries in the already bloated Registry!). I presume that I use the version of FINS Gateway from the CITECT DVD? Pity the CITECT manual or help or site didn't cover this setup. I must confess that the OMRON section of the CITECT driver site was a bit confusing. I'll try this out over the weekend. I'm a bit perplexed as to why I need a routing table in the PLC just for this wee setup when : a) there's only one PLC and its on the same network address as the CITECT PC b) I don't currently need it for any other application However I'll be a good Kiwi and follow the advice (and play later...). Eric Here's the tag - pretty basic I'm afraid. It's intended to display the contents of D Memory at 500 Hex.CITECT_Tag_Details_for_Learning_Session.doc

... they fit now ... something to do with available 'global space' on the forum server. It appears to be low!! I have one more - but I will wait until it will squeeze in ... Tim Edited by Nibroc

... picture is zipped to squeeze onto server (only 139kb available) ... Tim FGW.zip

Hi guys, The discussion you are having is the connection using ethernet. How about connecting through the host link using serial direct from PC port to Omron CJ1M? Is it even possible?Pls advice. Thanks.

Yes... select a CS1 series Serail Protocol (sysway)

... It also appears that it is no longer necessary to use the FinsGateway middleware to connect a CS1/CJ1 to Citect via ethernet ... you can now simply select ethernet using either TCP/IP or UDP ... Great news. Nibroc