Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tempo

C200H-LK201

11 posts in this topic

Hi all... Does anyone know the cable to connect...Or layout of.... An Promi-sd bluetooth adaptor to C200H-LK201. I've both the pin out diagrams for each, but it's wiring the lead up right pins. The Promi is a 9pin RS232 & the LK201 is 25 pin RS232c. Any help would be gratefully....

I have never done what you are asking for. You have the pin outs... so whats the problem ? TX goes to RX RX goes to TX SG goes to SG I am not sure if the devices need to have hand shaking wich means RTS to CTS etc but in most cases i bridge the RTS to CTS signals at each end only... DTS and DTR might also need to be bridged...at each end only... You will need to provide a seperate 5vdc power supply to the promni unit.

Yes. The C200H does not have a 5 volt supply available on the serial port. The serial port will also have to be set for 8, 1, none communications. The Promi only works that way. The Promi will also have to be programmed to the baud rate that you can set the serial port to ie 9600 etc. The C200H does not have auto detect built - bit old for that.

Thats how i had it wired, but it still didnt work, been racking my brain all day...WHY !!!

Here is a link to Omron cables http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=74

Oh BTW you probably have set the promni to 8 none 1 and 115k baud.... so i would at least set the promni to 9600 bps... also change the omron prog software to comm the same ie 8 none 1 and 9600. Tell us also your exact connections please (pin numbers to pin numbers etc)

Thanks for the reply... The way i've wired the LK201 to Promi is: LK201 ----------- Promi pin 2 TX ------- RX pin 2 pin 3 RX ------- TX pin 3 pin 7 SG ------- SG pin 9 pin 4 RS -: :- RS pin 4 pin 5 CS -: :- CS pin 5 Each pin 4 & 5 are connected together at each end. apart from at the Promi end, were the Pin's are connected internal.

OK, Guys.... In all the replies above, you have all pointed out that the promi has to be set for 8,N,1. The C200H-LK201 is fixed to 7,E,2. It ain't gonna work.... See presentation below... Bluetooth_Serial_Programming_Adapter.pdf

opps disregard i just read Jays post.Thanks for the clarification Jay... i was starting to suspect that..

The Host Link can be set, via the switches, to 8, 1, even or 8, 1 odd but not 8, 1, none so the Promi will not work. There is a 5VDC power supply available by the way but no use due to the limted comms settings.