Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gko

citect omron (cx-simulator) communication

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am a beginner of OMRON PLC and Citect SCADA. I need an urgent help. I am planning to use OMRON parts : CJ1M-CPU11, CJ1W-ID211 digital input module, CJ1W-OC211 digital output module, CJ1W-MAD42 analog in-out module and want to write a simple application that communicates OMRON PLC from Citect scada application. But i have only CX-Simulator 1.5 and two PCs. I got the serial communication settings from this forum.Is it possible to communicate citect scada application and cx-simulator in the same computer by making loopback in RS-232 port or should i use two computers for scada and cx-simulator. if one of these possible to realize, could anyone write a simple ladder diagram for CJ1M cpu which scada side controls a output of plc side and beside this, plc side controls a led in the scada side. This is very important for me to begin PLC programming. Thanks, Guven

You will need CX-Programmer tp program thge PLC.

just buy a CPU11 and a Power supply (CJ1W-PA202) or contact Omron for a starters kit (this is probably available for new customers) it shouldn't be that expensive.

Thanks for your kind replies. I have CX-Programmer but i wonder whether i communicate without real PLC unit, only with cx-simulator which works in another PC. Thanks guven

I think the only possible way is on the same PC but then you would need the same functionality as the omron softwares. As far as I know the simulator does not use the actual serial port but an internal port on which the omron softwares connect....

... Hi, I think it is possible for citect to communicate to CX-Simulator using the omron FINS protocol. I am not sure if Citect includes the FINS protocol driver as standard (we used to have to install it separately after installing citect - the driver was available from citect, do not confuse the FINS driver with the OMFINS driver!). This all operates in One PC! (no serial comms required) Simply: 1. Start CX-Simulator, create your PLC with units at you intend to use 2. 'Connect' to the PLC in CX-Simulator 3. Start 'CX-Programmer', create an application (set up using your PLC type), set communications to 'Finsgateway', settings are Network 0, Node 10, Unit 0 4. Use CX-Programmer to create your program, you can download/monitor etc the 'PLC' (CX Simulator) EXACTLY like using a real PLC. 5. Configure Citect to communicate with the 'PLC' (CX Simulator) using fins driver, PLC address Network 0, Node 10, Unit 0. Both CX-Programmer and the SCADA can connect to the simulator (PLC) at the same time, you can online edit etc per normal. Note you can save you PLC in CX-Simulator and re-use it though out your development, also note that you must start CX-Simulator before you Start CX-Programmer for this to work correctly ... Note also that you DO NOT use the 'Work Online Simulator' function of CX-Programmer, you simply use the normal 'Work Online', Download etc (CX-Programmer thinks it is a real PLC) I haven't got citect installed on any machines at the moment, so cannot test this, but it should work fine. When you finally want to use a real PLC, simply change the communication settings of CX-Programmer and Citect to suit. I have tested all of the above, and it works fine with CX-Supervisor instead of Citect, can't see any real difference ... Nibroc (Screen shot shows windows from both CX-Simulator and CX-Programmer) Edited by Nibroc

You still need to request the FINS Gateway CD from Citect. You also need to get on to the Citect Driver Web and mae sure you have the latest Citect FINS driver. Just set one up recently.

Thanks Nibroc, you are super. .!! I will try this as soon as possible..

Thanks for your answers.. I did it..it is working. Cx-simulator is in my laptop and Citect scada is in my desktop. Everything is ok.