Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

Program area size - CJ1M and CPM2a

12 posts in this topic

Hi ! I will make quite big project . Now I know how many I/O I need and I am not sure which model of CJ1M I should purchase - I mean - program capacity. I used CPM and there is area size f.e. 6KW (RAM) CJ1M has f.e 5 K(step) How I can compare it? My system will have about: - 240 Inputs - 100 outputs - 2 encoders - I need 2 pulse I/O - at least 4 bar code scanners - RS232 - 2 electronic scales connected via RS232 It will be internal palettes transport with SCADA. I am not familiar with such a big projects and I do not know how bid CJ1M I need. Maybe you can advice sth. Thanx Pawel

Hello Pawel, Although I cannot answer the "what size of memory" question, I would suggest that if you are looking at the CJ1M CPU11 (with 5k steps), then the extra cost of going for the CPU13 (20k steps) is not very great, and given the amount of other equipment being used, it is probably quite an insignificant amount. Hope this helps Regards anonymous

CJ1M-CPU11 only allows 160 I/O points and no expansion racks so it won't be acceptable. CJ1M-CPU13 allows for 640 points and 1 expansion rack and 20K steps. I think this may be acceptable if you use two racks. Be careful of your power supply requirements though. The CJ1M-CPU23 is the same as the CPU13 except it has 2 high speed counters built in, so I would recommend using this CPU at minimum. Personally, for a system that size, I would be using a CJ1G-CPU43H for its high speed, higher IO count, and expandability to 3 racks total. You never know when you might need it.

Good call ECSI! You will need to be very careful with this configuration. The CJ1M has limitations on number of modules (20) and total I/O (640) count. The total I/O count is based on using 32 point modules. Based on this you would need: 8 - 32 point input modules, 4 - 32 point output modules, 3 - SCU21-V1 (minimum). 15 modules (minimum). If you do not use the CJ1M-CPU23, you will need a high speed counter module also. Not much expansion available and very few spares. You should decide which modules you will use, then you can determine if it will work with the CJ1M. Hope this will help.

I did such a program lately but I used a NSJ (screen+ PLC ) The advantages are that you have the screen, ethernet, Devicenet and a CJ1G-CPU45 for a much more intersting price then the parts separated. I also used Sliced IO so the scalability of the project becomes much better+ All my inverters are V7 + Devicenet what makes support and maintenance easy

I looked at NSJ brochures and this NSJ looks interesting. If you-Beegee use HMI did you made SCADA for PC anyway or whole proccess you visualized only on HMI. I am thinking how it can be connected to any SCADA software via OPC server and PC card f.e. PROFIBUS DP or something different - easier and smarter?. Thanks for explanation Pawel

Hi I visualised both on the screen and on a supervision PC (more datacollecting on this PC in this case) The screen is for operating in the factory. You just connect through ethernet to the PLC and you have everything available (So OPC should not be a problem) Putting Profibus to communicate between a PLC and a PC seems a bit far fetched. there are much faster networks that are better suited for this purposes... ETN or CLK

Profibus Comm's at its highest rate is achievable only with a network of 30cm (1 foot) long.. i tend to agree.... I would also look at the CJ1G-CPU45H mainly for the memory capacity.... I have attached an IO list of a project i have done... keep in mind that this project also had a HMI on it (with about 70 screens and 40 popups for valve and motor controls etc AND the PLC code was written to give the operators access to over 420 adjustable parameters and 256 configuration bits to enable / disable alarms sensros, processes etc). I was talking modbus comm;s to a power meter and controller link to a CQM1H PLC and Ethernet communictations to a Ethernet radio modem to a another remote PLC and around 4 other CJ1 PLC's via ethernet comm;s. There were around 5 PID loops in the program also. In this case I had used the CJ1G-CPU45H and the program ended up being 34k steps.... OMRON_IO_Table_Component_CS.pdf

Hi ! I started serious thinking about NSJ GD5 model. At this model I will have: 3 racks, 1280 I/O, program capacity 60Ksteps. For my current project is completly enough - even to much, but the company owner noticed that he wants to control also temperature in different rooms, buildings etc. Now I think to spend money more now and make temperature control also via this NSJ. To control different temperature sensor I'd like to connect via Devicenet. What units do I need. I found - Temperature Sensor Terminal Block - It can have 4 temperature sensors. What is the max distance between sensors and terminal block? Does the Omron makes terminal for more then 4 sensors. How many terminals I can attach to devicenet network. thanks for advice and help.

I would not use the racks on the NSJ but use the GRT1-DRT + sliced I/O even in the local electrical board. Fot teperature control you can use the E5ZN-DRT. If it is just measuring the temperature I would consider using sensors with a 4-20mA output, then you can go far with the cabling. On Devicenet you can put 63 slave addresses (on slave type GRT1 can have 64 slices and consumes 1 Devicenet address) Once you have Devicenet you can also put secondary board in other places and interconnect them with Devicenet

I've just look what is GRT1-DRT and I am afraid that I will need rack for CJ1W anyway. I will have motor with encoder for positioning - I need high speed counter and I think that I must have C1JW-CT021.

Depends on what you want to do (there is recently a GRT1-CT1-1 you can use which goes up to 100kHz)